• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    So I tried some Wolf military classic for the first time in my G17 and it all fed fine but I was having trouble loading magazines. The texture of the cases seemed to hinder staggering and rounds would get somewhat stuck after a certain tension was placed on the springs. I ended up having to hit the magazine to get everything to seat in the mag after every round.

This just my magazines or anyone else ever experienced this with russian ammo?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Uppercase said:
    So I tried some Wolf military classic for the first time in my G17 and it all fed fine but I was having trouble loading magazines. The texture of the cases seemed to hinder staggering and rounds would get somewhat stuck after a certain tension was placed on the springs. I ended up having to hit the magazine to get everything to seat in the mag after every round.

This just my magazines or anyone else ever experienced this with russian ammo?

Never noticed an issue with Wolf. I shoot it in 5 calibers. Have you taken down the mags and CLP'd lately?

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    I haven't but I shot about 50 rounds of brass cased ammo before hand with no issues, so I was thinking it was the wolf.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Uppercase said:
    I haven't but I shot about 50 rounds of brass cased ammo before hand with no issues, so I was thinking it was the wolf.

Do you have a set of calipers to measure the diameter of the rounds? Maybe they're slightly different specs which in a lot of magazines wouldn't be an issue, but might be in yours. Are you using factory mags or aftermarket, another possible issue?

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    All factory mags, but I didn't think to compare them to all my other brass, it just felt gritty though.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    If Glock is having trouble w/ Russian ammo- then ditch the Glock. There's probably something wrong w/it, after all the Glock is supposed to be perfect, right? ;)

Anyway, don't worry too much about it.

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    If Glock is having trouble w/ Russian ammo- then ditch the Glock. There's probably something wrong w/it, after all the Glock is supposed to be perfect, right?

It feeds fine, shoots fine and ejects fine, its just a PITA to load the factory mags.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Uppercase said:
    All factory mags, but I didn't think to compare them to all my other brass, it just felt gritty though.

That's odd, they really shouldn't feel gritty. IIRC the military classic uses a polymer coated steel case as opposed to the lacquer coated cases of years back to keep them smooth and prevent gunk buildup.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Never noticed a problem with Wolf aluminum cases in the G22. I agree, it sounds like it's time to wipe down the mags. (I do this rarely.)

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    Guess I'll give the wipe down a shot, would like to be able to use the russian stuff as it shoots just fine.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There is nothing wrong with your gun or ammo. I have the same issue and am the proud owner of over 2k Russian rifle rounds and 1k pistol rounds.

It's a little obxnious to load in some guns but for the price blast away. My all metal beretta mags hate it, my glocks don't mind it as much but I do have the same issue u do.

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    Well I just figured out my problem. So at the range I use the little glock load assist to load mags quicker. I hand loaded my mags at home with the Wolf and no problems with seating. Russians don't like load assist.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Well I just figured out my problem. So at the range I use the little glock load assist to load mags quicker. I hand loaded my mags at home with the Wolf and no problems with seating. Russians don't like load assist.

Are you are using the loader that came with your GLOCK. If you are, throw it out and get the UpLula from maglula. It will let the russian ammo know who is boss.

Uppercase

Jun 11, 2011
    Are you are using the loader that came with your GLOCK. If you are, throw it out and get the UpLula from maglula. It will let the russian ammo know who is boss.

Lol I am using the one that came with, and I think I'm going to take your recommendation, teach those ruskie rounds a thing or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom