• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Hi all,

I'm in the market for a Glock 42. Apparently a big box store has one but I'd prefer to buy from a local shop first. Anyone have one in stock? I'm in AA County and happy to travel.

Thanks

JollyPedro

Aug 15, 2022
    St Mary's County
    Hi all,

I'm in the market for a Glock 42. Apparently a big box store has one but I'd prefer to buy from a local shop first. Anyone have one in stock? I'm in AA County and happy to travel.

Thanks
    The Tackle Box in St Mary's County usually has one or 2 on the shelf.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Hi all,

Thanks
    We have one in stock, we will be at the Timonium gun show this weekend. Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 9am-3pm

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You sure you don’t want a 43? I have a very lightly used Talo version with night sights that I’m willing to part with.
    (maybe 100 rounds through it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Try A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie. I know they had one, but that was a few weeks ago.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You sure you don’t want a 43? I have a very lightly used Talo version with night sights that I’m willing to part with.

That’s what I’d go with.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    STOP! join GSSF for $35 and save $100+ on a Glock. IE: You get Blue Label pricing.

Google or yahoo an learn.
    Blue label eligible(+GSSF)"

Yes, you need a BL dealer. Bunch on the Western Shore.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    STOP! join GSSF for $35 and save $100+ on a Glock. IE: You get Blue Label pricing.

Google or yahoo an learn.
    Blue label eligible(+GSSF)"

Yes, you need a BL dealer. Bunch on the Western Shore.
    Not only do you need a BL dealer, you need one that has that particular gun in a blue label box.

It's not as easy as it sounds.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Not only do you need a BL dealer, you need one that has that particular gun in a blue label box.

It's not as easy as it sounds.
    Maybe for you. I'm on the Shore, so BL dealers are few and far between. But the one 40 min. from me has the G42, G43, G43x and others. Or, if you read the link, have it shipped to your dealer.

On the Western Shore, I would check the Cop Shop for BL.

PS: The BL shop near me said,"they can order any BL you want". So, I ordered a G36.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

That or a G48 would be my go-to, but there are times, especially in the summer, it is impossible to hide those, whereas my G42 disappears under a T-shirt. I realize the under strength of the round. I'm just hoping to get enough hits or even distraction in order to get away from danger. Some day's, I don't care if I print. Other days I do.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    That or a G48 would be my go-to, but there are times, especially in the summer, it is impossible to hide those, whereas my G42 disappears under a T-shirt. I realize the under strength of the round. I'm just hoping to get enough hits or even distraction in order to get away from danger. Some day's, I don't care if I print. Other days I do.

Is a 42 smaller than the 43? (I know it’s .380 but that all I know about it)

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

Yes.
    Look here and compare them. .25"mand four ounces or about.

1688871420470.png

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    .25" ish in length, mostly because the chamber and barrel are longer. Not surprising because in Europe, .380 is known as 9mm short, kurz, court, corto etc

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

I dont want to get off track, but if you're looking at .380 I feel it would be a disservice to NOT look at the ruger LCP max.

I have a p365xl, G43 and a LCP max. LCP max holds 10 +1 flush and disappears in a pocket.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

The 42 is slightly smaller in every way. It is also a lot more controllable, especially for someone with longer, thinner hands. I had a G43 and hated it. I now have a G42 and it is actually easy to shoot. I carry it with the standard 6 round mag +1 in the chamber which keeps it very concealable along with an 6 + 2 mag as a back-up.

Is the .380 APC an optimal self defense round? No, but it's better than a rock.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g43-vs-glock-g42

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 07-38-22 Glock G43 vs Glock G42 size comparison Handgun Hero.png

Compared to my G48

g48 g42 3.jpg

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I dont want to get off track, but if you're looking at .380 I feel it would be a disservice to NOT look at the ruger LCP max.

I have a p365xl, G43 and a LCP max. LCP max holds 10 +1 flush and disappears in a pocket.

Not looking at it, was just curious as to the size difference. I have a G43, it’s my one and only Glock and I can’t wait to get rid of it.
    I have a P365XL that I’m very happy with.
    Thanks for the info though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom