• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Hyatt Guns has them listed at $549.99 :eek: for pre-order. $550 for a .380? Are you f'ing kidding? I just picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 for under $300. While it ain't a Glock, the Bersa eats any and all ammo flawlessly.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    ...they are going after a market that really only has the PK380 and LC380, ...Recoil is far lighter being 380 has about 1/2 the energy of most 9mm defensive loads, ...

First, the PK380 is crap (or not). There is way too many complaints with FTE, FTF, etc. Very temperamental.

Second, of the .380s I've shot (PK380, Star 380, and Thunder 380), recoil is very similar to a 9mm, usually because a .380 is normally smaller than most 9mm. I'm about to pick up a Bersa BP9CC which is actually smaller than the Bersa Thunder 380, so I'll let you know if I change my mind about 9mm recoil. So far, my 9mm have been full-size Browning Hi-Power, Ruger P95, and Ruger SR9.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Serious question. Is anyone making serious .380 defensive ammo?

Underwood has some loads just a hair under 300FPE, almost 9mm power, enough to afford some expansion, but might take some tweaking in order to not beat your pistol. For standard loads around 90gr@1000fps it pretty much takes a FMJ to get past 12" penetration.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    This gun will be submitted for approval at the next meeting sometime this month if it passes it will be available for sale or to be transferred and to Maryland end March beginning of April. I only know this because I know the lady that creates the roster I have been following the Lionheart pistol very closely

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got to handle one at the Outdoor show, a little smaller and thinner than I thought it would be, felt pretty good, should be a mild mannered little pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom