• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Are you in Maryland, I am north of Baltimore and can always use a Glock armorer!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You can always join GSSF and take the class yourself. It's not expensive and they allow you to buy one pistol at "blue label" pricing per year. Most GLOCK stocking dealers have an armorer on staff too. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    You can always join GSSF and take the class yourself. It's not expensive and they allow you to buy one pistol at "blue label" pricing per year. Most GLOCK stocking dealers have an armorer on staff too. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

I have thought about that, but I thought it was just for a discounted price. Any regular glock owner can take the class and get certified?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have thought about that, but I thought it was just for a discounted price. Any regular glock owner can take the class and get certified?

No, you must join GSSF or work at a stocking dealer, work for military/LE or be in gunsmith school or have some other arrangement to take the class.

IIRC, you can take the class in your 2nd year of membership. It's pretty cool, GLOCKs are not complicated, and you will learn a LOT in the class. You'll detail strip the whole thing, and learn the "GLOCK way".

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Well everyone, to throw a curveball, I just paid for a Glock 30sf. I felt it was the way for me to go since the 30s is like a unicorn... Look forward to getting it to the range!!!!!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Well everyone, to throw a curveball, I just paid for a Glock 30sf. I felt it was the way for me to go since the 30s is like a unicorn... Look forward to getting it to the range!!!!!

Congrats! SOME day, I imagine spare 30S slides will be available on Glockmeister or some such site that parts guns out, and you can just convert it later if you want.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Join GSSF for two years - get pistol 'coupon' immediately.
    Join for one year, no coupon until you renew for second year.
    (Entitled to one pistol at a 'reduced rate' per year as GSSF Member.)

As a GSSF member you can take the Glock Armorer's Course (around $200.00, now).
    Get certificate (good for 3 years) and be eligible to purchase two Glock Pistols per year at LEO prices.
    Forgot..... one last detail...... You cannot buy these pistols and turn around and sell them. That is not the intent of the program.
    The intent is for you to purchase these Glock(s) for your own use.

I've seen and heard of people buying and selling...... and losing their 'creds', permanently.
    "Uncle Gaston doesn't like for people to 'mess' with the program."

The biggest question to be answered is.......... "Will my bank account/credit card company allow me to buy all of these Glocks???"
    And -
    "Which one do I buy, first?"

I know a person that has had a unicorn Glock 30S in their gun safe for several months now, this is why I felt so passionate about it here in this tread. I've had my hands on one and it's a great pistol, so yes I do know a little something about the 30S. You'll be happy with the 30SF as I own one, but that unicorn is something special. Congrats on your purchase.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Yes I just took possession of the 30sf and it feels great. Looking forward to the range time!!!

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    What conversion barrel can you put in a 45 cal Glock without having extractor issues? I have conversion barrels for my G29SF and it shoots 40 and 357Sig with no issues. Not so sure about 45 Glocks.

I had a G30 and had G21 mags for it with A & G grip sleeves. Gives you G21 capacity in a smaller package. You can use standard mags if you want to carry it later.

I have some pics of the sleeves on my G29SF using G20 mags. Same concept. Pearce +0 grip extensions on my 10 round mags. Gives your pinky a place to live. Also available for the G30, which has a bigger base plate to begin with

That is a sweet setup you have there and I am digging the options of changing out the mags. I picked up a G21SF in June and it is becoming one of my favorite handguns but now I wish that I would have bought a G30... how long do I have before October 1? :innocent0

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a question for the Glock gurus... Can someone identify the Gen of my G21SF? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
      DSC00019.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 141
    • DSC00020.jpg
      DSC00020.jpg
      91.7 KB · Views: 156

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I have a question for the Glock gurus... Can someone identify the Gen of my G21SF? Thanks.

I'm no guru but its a 3. It has finger grooves and a light rail, and not the enlarged mag button or new texture of a 4.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co

Looks like a 3 to me, for the reasons stated above. Still have not shot my 30sf, but I already want a 21 gen 4 lol

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    Just curious but what is the most you guys would pay for a Glock 30? I really want to pick one up but people seem to be asking WAY too much IMO for a weapon that is worth between 525-550.

maverick0379

Aug 11, 2010
    I've owned a gen 3 g30 for years great pistol carries well but it's fallen out of favor since the H&K usp 45c showed up.

maverick0379

Aug 11, 2010
    Just curious but what is the most you guys would pay for a Glock 30? I really want to pick one up but people seem to be asking WAY too much IMO for a weapon that is worth between 525-550.

I paided about $620 over 5 years ago for one. At the time I thought that was high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom