• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    Haven't posted anything in a while. But my kids are taking a liking to collecting. Since their generation and many others are glued to their phones, I figure work with it, rather than against it.
    I let my kids get involved with taking pictures on their phones and they can play around with editing. Iphones have some wonderful stock editing software.
    I have a bunch of boxes with accessories and equipment that they can use and build whatever layout they want. I had the light boxes up but didn't spend much time actually setting the lighting, it was just quick to let them have some fun and keep them occupied.

This one was to one of my USMC rifles. It's documented to being sent back to the Philadelphia Navy Yard as being unserviceable. But one of the reasons I like this one, is it was a former Warner Swasey that was turned back into a service rifle. You can even see where the stock was repaired once the scope rail was removed. In the late 1920s Chief of Ordnance Samuel Hof directed that rifles fitted for Warner Swaseys or WRA A5s be turned back into service rifles.

It's unclear if the USMC converted this back into a service rifle or Army Ordnance. Also, contrary to popular belief, the USMC did in fact use the Warner Swaseys, they actually used them longer than the Army. There were reports of the China Marines still using the Warner Swaseys with Maxim silencers in 1927 or 1928 (albeit not very much).

PYgg7O1l.jpg

cfqFuhsl.jpg

JqN4DVgl.jpg

oqE6ePwl.jpg

W3AnBbzl.jpg

hbopULZl.jpg

DtT4NsWl.jpg

LAdZocql.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I dont have any Marine rifles that may be documented that I know of but I got a pile of rifles. I only had one Marine to help shoot them when whole and together with me at the same time.
    Keep them boys close to you and teach them to be safe and honorable and look out for others even more so.
    They're only young once. Thank god this ones still with me and as faras Im concerned this home built A4 clone is documented for all we care.
    Thanks for posting and helping me to be grateful for you sshowing your love to your boys to the world.

Attachments

• EA4C.PNG
      EA4C.PNG
      98.2 KB · Views: 54

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I dont have any Marine rifles that may be documented that I know of but I got a pile of rifles. I only had one Marine to help shoot them when whole and together with me at the same time.
    Keep them boys close to you and teach them to be safe and honorable and look out for others even more so.
    They're only young once. Thank god this ones still with me and as faras Im concerned this home built A4 clone is documented for all we care.
    Thanks for posting and helping me to be grateful for you sshowing your love to your boys to the world.
    Well I know of a newly retired Marine comming back to snow hill in June for a year or two. I have a handful of milsurps from way before my time that I'll need spun up on.

Awesome thing getting the kids involved! Mine are 4 and 6 so red ryders and 22s have all that we have messed with. And lots of snapping In and drawing how to align iron sights. I can't wait to see my grow into becoming marksman.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Well I know of a newly retired Marine comming back to snow hill in June for a year or two. I have a handful of milsurps from way before my time that I'll need spun up on.

Awesome thing getting the kids involved! Mine are 4 and 6 so red ryders and 22s have all that we have messed with. And lots of snapping In and drawing how to align iron sights. I can't wait to see my grow into becoming marksman.
    Right on.
    If you need any help let me know when yo u get to them. I'm building a clone Unertal sniper up for an old boy from up Dover way that's a fulfilling project.
    Spent some quality range time with another last Sunday so he could help his dad out in Massachusetts come deer season with a family rifle.
    He's still trying to get home, wants to help his dad and feel good about being away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom