• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I’ve called and left messages. Nothing. What’s the deal? If I go down there in person will they make an appointment for me or turn me away and tell me to call?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Ok but is there any tips on getting an appointment?? No one answers the phone.

No.4buck

Jul 11, 2019
    Capital Region
    I’ve called and left messages. Nothing. What’s the deal? If I go down there in person will they make an appointment for me or turn me away and tell me to call?

Use the link and go to the Appointments button towarss the bottom of the page. That is how you set up those appointments.

Remember youll need to register at least one handgun when turning in yoir carry application, so have the pd219 form filled out or the info on hand like serial number of your gun, barrel length, caliber etc.

Also parking is terrible, so arrive early to find a spot.

No.4buck

Jul 11, 2019
    Capital Region
    Also my glock 20 registration says 10ga instead of 10mm for the caliber. And for my five seven it says 5.5mm instead of 5.7mm×28. When I inquired about it in person, they said its not a problem...
    And if you do succeed , they don't give you a card to carry.
    My recent renewal had someone else photo in it..

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Also my glock 20 registration says 10ga instead of 10mm for the caliber. And for my five seven it says 5.5mm instead of 5.7mm×28. When I inquired about it in person, they said its not a problem...
    My first permit had "Bethesda MD" for my address. Have never lived in Bethesda. They're really on top of things.
    I called and told someone, officer told me to come back and get a new card. I told him, no.. I don't mind living in Bethesda. They mailed me a new card..

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    thought if you carry the wrong round you can be punished.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    That was done away with a few years ago. As long as you have a registered firearm you can have any ammo except for what they consider restricted -- 50 BMG, depleted uranium, etc.
    thank you. Pretty stupid. Depleted uranium? Damn. Better take my crate out of my minivan. :)

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    thank you. Pretty stupid. Depleted uranium? Damn. Better take my crate out of my minivan. :)

A fellow DC resident was talking with one of the Sr. Sgt's in the firearms office a while ago about ammo and the Sgt. said DC would consider the solid copper self defense rounds out there now as restricted because copper is mentioned in the list of "restricted" bullets. There was also mention of them considering just any lead free round as restricted.

I emailed multiple times asking if they could clarify their position on monolithic and lead free ammo and they just refuse to give an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom