• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    I am looking for someone who can perform some preventative maintenance on our 4bt Cummins Genset. I simply need the following:

1. Oil change
    2. Fuel filter change
    3. Air filter change
    4. Check coolant and top off it necessary
    5. Replace any hoses / belts that appear worn
    6. Clean out Genset concrete basin
    7. Top off fuel tank with Diesel

The concrete basin around the generator is ditty and full of crap. It will need to be cleaned out pretty well. This is a stationary generator and will require someone with a mobile setup. If you want the work then please call me at 301-606-6072 or PM me here. Generator is located in Frederick Maryland.

Not necessarily looking for a professional, just someone with know how and "get 'r done" skills.

Thanks

Phil

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    If you guys are interested in waiting until spring I can probably fulfill your needs. I've worked on generators for the past seven years. I got tired of the crazy hours and driving the service truck around so I got out of the field and shifted careers. The only reason I mention waiting until spring is due to weather- I'm done with shivering while pumping cold oil.

F-4-E- I can do the service on your 4bt with no problems, but the drive (time and mileage) to and from Frederick will need to be compensated and I'm not vacuuming the basin. I'll change the fluids and filters though and perform a very thorough inspection. Also, I probably will not be able to handle the fueling request. I'd have to get with some of my contacts to borrow a transport tank as I no longer have one on my vehicle. PM me or post here if still interested, I'm sure we can work something out. I just want to be very clear and up front about everything.

tosainu1- Pretty much the same as above. Seeing that we're 20 minutes from each other (assuming the gen is in Bowie?) I'm sure we can agree to something. Same deal with the weather though, gotta wait until a warm day.

Guys, I'm not trying to appear standoffish, but I know this area is hard to find qualified people for this line of work on residental. The reason the companies stay away from 95% of the residential is that there really isn't much money in it compared to the commercial work. It's not a reliable or stable customer base for these companies. I'd like to help you guys out but I just want to be very clear that this is side work for me, not business.

Cut and paste of some of my quals-
    -Commission, Preventative Maintenance and all Repairs on diesel GenSets up to 2.5Mw in high, medium and low voltage configurations
    -Load bank testing up 16Mw
    -Diesel Engine Training Instructor
    -Cummins Power Command Certified

PM or post here if interested.

-Anthony

StaFrosty

Feb 20, 2011
    Not in MD anymore!!
    Did anyone here get their Genset serviced, I have a 45 KW at my house and have installed/serviced many in the tri county area for many years, just figgered I'd let it be known.

If a dog has no tail, how can you tell if he's glad to see you?

Blue Falcon

Oct 21, 2010
    Ceciltucky
    Generator Tech

I am looking for someone who can perform some preventative maintenance on our 4bt Cummins Genset. I simply need the following:

1. Oil change
    2. Fuel filter change
    3. Air filter change
    4. Check coolant and top off it necessary
    5. Replace any hoses / belts that appear worn
    6. Clean out Genset concrete basin
    7. Top off fuel tank with Diesel

The concrete basin around the generator is ditty and full of crap. It will need to be cleaned out pretty well. This is a stationary generator and will require someone with a mobile setup. If you want the work then please call me at 301-606-6072 or PM me here. Generator is located in Frederick Maryland.

Not necessarily looking for a professional, just someone with know how and "get 'r done" skills.

Thanks

Phil

I'am a Generator Tech for APG and have many years experience if you are still looking for someone to service you gen sets, I would love to do the job for you at a fair price. Please call 443-910-3150 if anyone is interested. I also do many side jobs also involving electrical and or gas or diesel engines.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Winn Electric (410-977-2689) and Little Sparkie Electric (301-606-5181) do residential generators and have done a good job of repairs and service on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom