• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    Any + or - when going with a Glock lower vs a Colt lower rather then already having those mags on hand?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    If you are interested in reserving one of these 9mm lowers, send an email to me at Nate@engagearmament.com with the following infromation if you would like to prepay for lowers. They will be $299 + tax. I will begin calling in a month or so for payment info, just need to get an idea of how many to order. The lowers will be closer in appearance to the QC10 lowers, it was adding wayyyy too much weight to do the lines we had originally. Please, if you email me, do not back out unless a complete emergency:

First and last name
    Type of receiver (Glock small frame or colt pattern)
    Number requested of receivers
    Phone number

Nate, i just did a image search of the QC10 lower and it looks like some have straight mag wells and others have angled mag wells. Will the Engage lower have a straight or angled mag well?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    If you are interested in reserving one of these 9mm lowers, send an email to me at Nate@engagearmament.com with the following infromation if you would like to prepay for lowers. They will be $299 + tax. I will begin calling in a month or so for payment info, just need to get an idea of how many to order. The lowers will be closer in appearance to the QC10 lowers, it was adding wayyyy too much weight to do the lines we had originally. Please, if you email me, do not back out unless a complete emergency:

Will it be C&C or on a 77r?

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Any + or - when going with a Glock lower vs a Colt lower rather then already having those mags on hand?

With a colt pattern lower, all parts are colt pattern. The Glock pattern lowers use a modified colt pattern 9mm BCG, so the carrier can fit between the Glock mag feed lips. That's the biggest difference of you don't have one set of mags floating around.

Nate, i just did a image search of the QC10 lower and it looks like some have straight mag wells and others have angled mag wells. Will the Engage lower have a straight or angled mag well?

Glock mag lowers are slanted, colt pattern are straight, so each can feed from the mags.

Are these going to need any proprietary parts? IIRC the QC10 lowers have a special magazine release which comes installed in the lower.

Yes for the Glock mag lowers. I'll have to check on the colt lowers but believe they take standard mag releases.

Will it be C&C or on a 77r?

Cash and carry.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If the Colt mag lowers take a mil-spec parts kit I think I'd be more inclined to go with that one, although Glock mags sure are easy to find. Let me know what you find out please

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    If the Colt mag lowers take a mil-spec parts kit I think I'd be more inclined to go with that one, although Glock mags sure are easy to find. Let me know what you find out please

The Colt pattern lowers take a standard LPK. The bullet guide and BHO have extra parts, but they're included with the lower.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Will replacement parts be readily available? I'm always skittish of not being able to get parts

Yes, although I would find it very difficult to find a way to cause those parts to fail. That's not a challenge, though...

The parts will be the same as the DDLES/QC10 parts.

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    I am having a hard time locating a bolt that will work with the GLOCK mags. I want to order one so I am leaning towards the colt pattern lower. If anyone has any links for a BCG or complete uppers that will work with the GLOCK mags could you please share...

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I am having a hard time locating a bolt that will work with the GLOCK mags. I want to order one so I am leaning towards the colt pattern lower. If anyone has any links for a BCG or complete uppers that will work with the GLOCK mags could you please share...

We will have them also. Mfg hasn't provided pricing on those yet.

We will try to have most parts necessary for a build in shop.

Tom602

Jan 9, 2012
    Eastern Shore of MD.
    I am skeptical of the bolt issue also. I did find a site LoneWolf (the glock site ) that will machine any BCG for the Glock mags for $ 45, in 10 to 14 days. I don't believe it includes shipping. Has anybody else hag any experience with them?

That is great Nate would rather get everything from you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom