• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pigfrmr

Known Associate
    Well, in view of the election results (only made it happen faster), I just put a deposit on a '42 Springfield M-1. A little more than I wanted to spend for one, but at least it was a "hands on" deal. Been two hours and it's already driving me nuts - going to take me 3 weeks to pay it off!!!

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Your gonna love it! I have 2 now, 1 safe queen and 1 shooter and it has quickly become one of my favorites to go blasting with. Congrats!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Well, in view of the election results (only made it happen faster), I just put a deposit on a '42 Springfield M-1. A little more than I wanted to spend for one, but at least it was a "hands on" deal. Been two hours and it's already driving me nuts - going to take me 3 weeks to pay it off!!!

Details! Quit being a pric*tease! Where, when how and PICTURES!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Congrats, been looking at one myself. Where did you pick yours up at?

If you are looking for a handsome shooter that won't break the bank, check out James River Armory's booth at the Dulles show, they are basically rebuilt and refinished CMP rifles

R

RavensD

I love my Garands, I shoot them both as much as I can. To me it really feels like a rifle in your hands, whatever that means (haha). I'm getting better with my accuracy, I admit I sucked at first (I had never fired anything bigger than a .223 before shooting that Garand, took me a while to get used to the M1 beast).

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I love my Garands, I shoot them both as much as I can. To me it really feels like a rifle in your hands, whatever that means (haha). I'm getting better with my accuracy, I admit I sucked at first (I had never fired anything bigger than a .223 before shooting that Garand, took me a while to get used to the M1 beast).

Have you ever shot a CMP match or attended a clinic? If not I highly recommend it. It's also a bonus to working the M1 for vets shoots. You can't find a better batch of military rifle coaches anywhere!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've got a 1953 International Harvester M1 Garand, and I'm danged happy to have it! I wouldn't be against getting another one though - they are dandy rifles.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Have you ever shot a CMP match or attended a clinic? If not I highly recommend it. It's also a bonus to working the M1 for vets shoots. You can't find a better batch of military rifle coaches anywhere!

You can say that again. I participated in the Grand match put on by the Ft. Meade Rod and Gun. Had a great time and had a Vet working the match as a coach. Great stuff!! It was done on the Meade rifle range, 200 yards.

Shot a 260 first time out - it had been a long (Army) time since I fired a rifle. Getting ready to buy another Garand :party29:

pigfrmr

Known Associate

FINNALY!:clap:
    The three weeks I thought it would take me to pay it off turned into 3months, seems mamma had other plans for the "Christmas budget"!

pictures001-1.jpg
    [/IMG]
    pictures002.jpg
    [/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads