• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Didn't know where to put this since it could apply to a few different forum sections. The family is headed to gander mountain, I didn't plan on going and I've never been there. However I am in the process of building a AR and am in need of various parts. Does gander mtn have a selection of AR parts? Do they have receivers?

Thanks yall!

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    The family is headed to the one in winchester. Looking for everything but the lower, I can order online, but would love to pick up locally.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    odds are you're going to overpay out the ass if you buy anything from Gander Mtn. The internet is your friend ;)

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Thanks everyone. I wanted to go to Cabelas instead, I knew atleast they had somewhat of a selection. I've never beento gander, I may just check It out

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    The one just over the MD/VA line...can't exactly remember where...saw it from I95 and checked it out...was a joke. No parts and had some used Bushmasters for over $2000. I couldn't believe it. I get the appeal of wanting to have he items in hand but you'd be much better served going to one of the reputable e-tailers like Midway USA. I'd only get something from Gander/Cabelas/Bass Pro if I had a bunch of other sporting goods to get. Cabelas actually has some good deals every once in awhile though.

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Yeah Cabela's and some of their prices were not bad at all. Haven't been to bass pro or gander yet. 90% of the appeal of gander is going to Sonic!

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    odds are you're going to overpay out the ass if you buy anything from Gander Mtn. The internet is your friend ;)

THIS!!

Gander Mountains are a rip off for anything guns & ammo related. You can buy what you need online, with shipping, and still come out cheaper.

Cabelas in WV has a pretty good gun selection, and prices. Id much rather spend my money there!

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    Yeah Cabela's and some of their prices were not bad at all. Haven't been to bass pro or gander yet. 90% of the appeal of gander is going to Sonic!

buff makes a good point...its always a good idea to support your local team.

But more importantly...my god...I know what you mean about Sonic. They just opened one up near me and I am hooked. I can't believe I have been without one so long. Double hot dog combo...one New York Dog with regular mustard instead of spicy...a Chili Cheese Coney Dog...medium Chili Cheese Tots and a Large Coke with Cherry Flavor..perfect fuel for the range!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    buff makes a good point...its always a good idea to support your local team.

But more importantly...my god...I know what you mean about Sonic. They just opened one up near me and I am hooked. I can't believe I have been without one so long. Double hot dog combo...one New York Dog with regular mustard instead of spicy...a Chili Cheese Coney Dog...medium Chili Cheese Tots and a Large Coke with Cherry Flavor..perfect fuel for the range!

Sonic does a great job with fast food, especially beverages!

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    I have returned, full of burger, fries and cherry sprite. Gander had nothing like 2 ar magazines...a rail, picked up a nice leather holster for my Glock26. The guy said they used to sell receivers, uppers and lowers, however they don't anymore. Had a sale on personal defense rounds too, picked up a few boxes. The sonic definately make it worth the trip and it makes it easier to convince family to go. Hooray sonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom