• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I was just at the Fredericksburg, VA, Gander Mt. store and their powder and primer selection was getting pretty low. They were totally out of CCI small pistol primers, and when I asked the clerk when they'd have more coming in, he told me that they were phasing out the reloading supplies because they take up too much room for the amount of revenue they bring in.

Crap! Another case of the big stores being run by bean counters who only understand maximizing immediate profits, rather than by intelligent managers who realize that people who come in for one thing that they need most often end up seeing something else to buy.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    We heard/were told they were phasing out reloading at the York Gander Mountain over a year ago.

I don't know what kind of prices you see compared, but their prices on wads, and lead shot were easily over 25% more than other sources, It's not surprising to me they are getting rid of their reloading section. Who can afford to pay that much more when you can go somewhere else and get it for a "regular" price?

We have our go to shops for reloading supplies, I refuse to ask any other gun shops that are more local and close to me about reloading supplies.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I could have sworn I saw a large banner on the back of the store (facing I95) that said store closure when I drove to Richmond last week.

30ought6

#PING!
    Sep 10, 2010
    VA
    I don't know what kind of prices you see compared, but their prices on wads, and lead shot were easily over 25% more than other sources, It's not surprising to me they are getting rid of their reloading section. Who can afford to pay that much more when you can go somewhere else and get it for a "regular" price?

Prices and selection are better at the gun shows...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Maybe your gun shows, I have yet to see wads or lead shot, even shotgun primers at any of the MD shows. LOL

There's a few popular PA shops that "specialize" in shotgun stuff we hit up, Shyda's and Richland Shooters Supply.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Maybe your gun shows, I have yet to see wads or lead shot, even shotgun primers at any of the MD shows. LOL

There's a few popular PA shops that "specialize" in shotgun stuff we hit up, Shyda's and Richland Shooters Supply.

Thats where I get my reloading supplies other than bullets.

mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    Is this true??
    I had read that Green Top is moving to a 'larger' store, but, I've not heard 'where'.

I heard the same thing and that they were actually moving into the Gander Mt store near their current location. I'll be down there next week and I'll ask about it.

Last edited:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I heard the same thing and that they were actually moving into the Gander Mt store. I'll be down there next week and I'll ask about it.

I've been doin' business with Green Top, since '82!!
    GREAT bunch of folks, there.

The first time I took my son there, he said, "Dad. I now know what Heaven, is!"

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Looks like a road trip is being called for.:D

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Gander Mtn's have been phasing out reloading gear for awhile. I go to the ones in Johnstown, & Greensburg -and there stuff has been phasing out for awhile. The clearance prices, are still higher then retail prices then any other place.

Oddly - one day the clerk at one of the stores told me, they cant sell reloading gear. I told them their prices are far overpriced is why. He said that they do sell alot of primers - which is the only thing that is regular priced.

What is Greentop ? Never heard of them.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    If Gander moves out and someone else is moving in.....you're making out. :thumbsup: They are NOTHING like they were when they first moved in to Salisbury. NEVER have used guns, I think it was all show for the first year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom