• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbo

Mar 5, 2015
    Recently purchased a trijicon rmr and tried installing it. One of the MOS plate screws was stuck. Even tried heating the blue loctite loose. Stripped the screw head. Decide to drill the screw out and totally failed. I think I may have used a slightly larger bit. Now, some of the threads in the screw hole are stripped. Any advice? Thinking of tapping new threads and hopefully keeping the same size. I need the factory sized screw to attach the rmr to the adapter plate.

I called glock and am sending it the slide to them. I'm hoping and preying they can fix it. If not, any advice from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    I would try using the same size tap to clean the threads. Worst case drill it out and helicoil it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Mar 5, 2015
    Sgt, thanks for the info on helicoiling. I never even thought of that, so I can use the same size screw and placement if rethreading doesn't work. Last option would be to drill a bigger hole and rethread using a bigger screw.
    I sent off my slide to glock today. Hopefully they can repair it. I actually found a mos slide on gunbroker. Paid alot for it but I figure, if glock can repair my old slide than all I would have to do is buy a frame and now I'll have 2 G35's. If they cant then the old slide still works but I have issues with having my firearms looking perfect, lol.

GetzzBrah

Mar 3, 2016
    Slide

Maybe instead of buying another expensive MOS slide just grab a regular one and send it to the guys at Primary machine and have them machine it for your RMR. They do great work. It may too late for that now but keep them in mind in the future

Jimbo

Mar 5, 2015
    Late Update. Glock actually returned my slide 1-2 weeks earlier than quoted for turnaround time and it looks awesome. Almost like they made a new slide and stamped the same serial # on it. I knew there was a reason I loved glock, lol.
    @ getzzbrah, thx for the info. I already bought an extra slide though. Well, all I gotta do now is buy a cheap lower and now I got 2 G35's. I'm happy either way, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom