• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This video got caught in some kind of dimensional vortex with youtube's processing. Maybe because it is long and boring...full of rimfire problems. @Stoveman would have probably been losing his mind! :poke:

But...it's real, and shows the real challenges and learning experiences. My help on the timer and tablet were both new, so this was a good learning experience for them. Maybe you'll learn something, too? :shrug:

Cool rifle, glad I wasn't there. :rolleyes:

What day this month is the next match?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Cool rifle, glad I wasn't there. :rolleyes:

What day this month is the next match?
    You were there in the back of my mind, for sure ;)

For the audience, the reason I :poke: Stoveman about rimfires (and particularly 10/22's) is that he has lamented how their unreliable function slows down the progress and delays everybody at another Steel match we used to shoot/work together. He's kinda right...especially at that range where they try to push folks through a little faster. Delta is a little more laid back. ;)

Excellent question about the next match. It is November 19th. This is one week earlier than our usual fourth Sunday because deer season closes down the range. That means registration will open this weekend. I'll try to post the link once it becomes active.

On a similar programming note, the December shoot will be one week early, too, on December 17, because of Christmas. After that, I'm pretty sure we'll be back to the usual fourth Sunday. I keep meaning to work in a Saturday shoot for the churchgoing folks...someday, we'll make that happen.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Who’s gonna show? I’m deciding what to use.

TD
    Registration is full, which is pretty exciting.

I can't decide what to use either. A combination of being older than I used to be and working too hard over the past week has left me sore all over, particularly my hands. Yanking that heavy double action on my usual revolver just isn't going to work.
    My Sig P210 has been my "cripple gun" that got me though long bouts of tendonitis, with its short light trigger and easy recoil. My 320 Legion is almost as easy on the tender bits, with a much greater capacity. I have enough magazines for that to preload tonight and not reload any tomorrow. That would be a great help...except Katie is shooting her 320, and I'm not sure we have enough mags to outfit two for the entire match. :rolleyes: I guess I could be a jerk and preload all of mine and watch her reload however many are left over tomorrow :tap:

Decisions decisions...

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Registration is full, which is pretty exciting.

I can't decide what to use either. A combination of being older than I used to be and working too hard over the past week has left me sore all over, particularly my hands. Yanking that heavy double action on my usual revolver just isn't going to work.
    My Sig P210 has been my "cripple gun" that got me though long bouts of tendonitis, with its short light trigger and easy recoil. My 320 Legion is almost as easy on the tender bits, with a much greater capacity. I have enough magazines for that to preload tonight and not reload any tomorrow. That would be a great help...except Katie is shooting her 320, and I'm not sure we have enough mags to outfit two for the entire match. :rolleyes: I guess I could be a jerk and preload all of mine and watch her reload however many are left over tomorrow :tap:

Decisions decisions...
    I’m between the M&P metal or Pro Series. Didn’t think to use the 320 compact…… crap!

I’ve put an optic in the M&P Metal Competitor but haven’t done enough practice with an optic to feel comfy. Will be running a new belt set up. So many toys!!!!!!

TD

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I went cripple gun. It just fits my hand more comfortably and is heavy enough that I'm sure it will still function if I don't have as strong a grip on it as I should. I loaded all my magazines...but it's not quite enough to get through the whole match :(

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    20231118_213800.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Katie has twelve 21 round 320 mags loaded and ready to go. Maybe she'll be nice enough to help me reload mine (if we are on the same squad). :o

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Even though I performed poorly it was still a good time at the steel plate match today. Good to see some experienced and new people taking part.

Get out there people and have some fun. Once you hear the “ping” you can’t get enough.

TD

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Even though I performed poorly it was still a good time at the steel plate match today. Good to see some experienced and new people taking part.

Get out there people and have some fun. Once you hear the “ping” you can’t get enough.

TD

I always enjoy myself. None of us are ever satisfied with our shooting, but thats ok.

Already looking forward to next month. :rockon:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Here's Katie on Stage 4. We often do variations of this were you flip over a card and shoot either the red or black targets based on the suit of the card. It's good to have to think a little bit ;)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The Big Stage on 2:
    Knock down any three plates, then advance to the barrels. Along the way, two hits in brown on each of the paper targets. At the shoot box just behind the barrels is a dueling tree to the right (only need to flip 3 plates...but they have to flip at least 90 degrees), two steel silhouettes to the left and a big fat stop plate in the middle.

This was my perspective:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Nice videos Art, if I didn't have my monthly obligation to run a squad at The Only Thing Moving Is The Steel Perpetual Static Shoot match I would have been there.

December will be tough, we are heading to TN semi early in the month to change our residency (and get that no state income tax break for this year:bannana:), have the Get Off My Lawn static match on the third Saturday and then we are going south again for 10 days for the holidays.

Planning on making the January match and can help RSO if needed. Will be good to see you guys again.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Nice videos Art, if I didn't have my monthly obligation to run a squad at The Only Thing Moving Is The Steel Perpetual Static Shoot match I would have been there.

December will be tough, we are heading to TN semi early in the month to change our residency (and get that no state income tax break for this year:bannana:), have the Get Off My Lawn static match on the third Saturday and then we are going south again for 10 days for the holidays.

Planning on making the January match and can help RSO if needed. Will be good to see you guys again.
    Hope the weather holds up :fingerscrossed: Looking forward to seeing you again, too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom