• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    sorry for the newb question... would i be able to buy a fully auto glock pistol? or do i need a class iii license?

It is a post-86 weapon so no, it would only be available to SOT dealers as a demo gun or military and law enforcement.

Basically the way it works is the NFA restriction on machine guns happened in 1986. All legally transferable machine guns have to have been made and registered to private owners prior to 1986 (forget the specific date) or they are considered "post 86" and not legal for private sale.

In this case the Glock itself wasn't made available to the public until 1988 and the Glock 18 was a bit later than that. Sadly it will always remain out of our reach.

If it makes you feel any better though it'd probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of tens of thousands of dollars if it were legal and there are plenty of better ways to spend that kind of cash.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Only the police and military should have full-auto Glocks...what? Never mind.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Additionally, since the Glocks are not US made they would not be legal for us mere civilians to own based on the GCA of '68. A US made conversion kit would be needed.

GONZOtheMAN

Feb 5, 2010
    Ellicott City
    It is a post-86 weapon so no, it would only be available to SOT dealers as a demo gun or military and law enforcement.

Basically the way it works is the NFA restriction on machine guns happened in 1986. All legally transferable machine guns have to have been made and registered to private owners prior to 1986 (forget the specific date) or they are considered "post 86" and not legal for private sale.

In this case the Glock itself wasn't made available to the public until 1988 and the Glock 18 was a bit later than that. Sadly it will always remain out of our reach.

If it makes you feel any better though it'd probably cost somewhere in the neighborhood of tens of thousands of dollars if it were legal and there are plenty of better ways to spend that kind of cash.

thats very sad. are there any pre 86 fully auto pistols around?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Yeah, but its the cool factor. :D

Kinda like Danica Patrick and Ashley Force. Neither are slap your momma hot, but their jobs up their status dramatically. :innocent0

Same goes for the welder chick on Mythbusters that used to be on Extreme 4x4.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Glock 18.... the Holy grail of Glocks. I bought one overseas when I was living there for a while and the thing is controllable. Just stay away from conversions and vertical foregrips. The foregrips tend to break off during full auto fire and you risk shooting your support hand or a couple of fingers off. True factory Glock 18s have reinforced rails, the conversions do not.

It is a post 86 NFA item. only LE or military are allowed to have it. It is definitely a good match for the CZ and Beretta machine pistols out there.

Just buy a mac11/9 or 380... These are still available for about 3.5K

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    If you have a SOT, there's a beretta 93r on gunbroker right now, for the low low price of...

$13,800

Has three days left and no bids, so that might go up a bit.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Various full auto Mausers, Astra comtemporary clones, Chineese knock offs of above, various guns made from parts kits of above prior to May '86 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom