• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    I live over near Pax High and heard someone going full auto on and off all day yesterday. It was nice sitting out back relaxing and listening to it. I go out back in the woods and shoot all the time with friends and we shoot several hundred rounds at a time. Only had the Police show once. He was a super cool gun guy and we talked for some time about guns and such. I don't like MD and if it were not for the work I would love to move. I do think the area in MD I am in would be pretty hard to beat. Good schools, low crime, jobs and good folks.

Ms.taken

Oct 2, 2010
    Full auto

Where is there an area around Pax high where there are no houses in range? Isn't that near that new connector road in Lusby?

Lunatic Fringe

I Know You're Out There
    Apr 12, 2010
    Florida
    About a mile deeper or so near the water. There are plent of areas back here with no houses. It was full auto mixed with slow single shots from time to time. Late last night around 10:30 or so another neighbor set off some nice mortar fireworks. I hear shooting back here all the time.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I've also been visited by Calvert's finest (once). Similar experience - cool guys with some interest in the ware. Asked if something was wrong, they said nope. Just needed to check it out. Someone in the area calls every time a gun goes off. Which is a lot around here (it actually gets quieter in deer hunting season). They said they pretty much just drive around trying to home in on the shots. I was the first they had found in a long time. They had been called over five times that month, but I had only been out twice. So that says something.

Haven't heard from them since.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    interesting - i live that way and hear a shot now an then. i didn't hear any full auto.

there are some good rolling hills that leave you with a full berm all the way around. I had a paintball arena set up back in the woods for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom