• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    Hey guys I have a quick question about a failure to eject a spend case. I had my VZ58 down the range saturday, shooting herters steel case, and it failed to eject. Being a brand new rifle I didn't put too much presser on the action to pull it out but it was stuck pretty decent at about 1/2" from closed. When I got home I pushed a ramrod down it and it knocked the empty casing out. The casing it a little deformed around the top where the bullet comes out and there is also a little nick sticking out on the bottom rim. Does that sound like something that could jam up a rifle.
    Thanks

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey guys I have a quick question about a failure to eject a spend case. I had my VZ58 down the range saturday, shooting herters steel case, and it failed to eject. Being a brand new rifle I didn't put too much presser on the action to pull it out but it was stuck pretty decent at about 1/2" from closed. When I got home I pushed a ramrod down it and it knocked the empty casing out. The casing it a little deformed around the top where the bullet comes out and there is also a little nick sticking out on the bottom rim. Does that sound like something that could jam up a rifle.
    Thanks

Sounds like the Extractor and feed ramp could need some tweaking. The rim damage is likely the extractor causing it. The case mouth crimp sounds like a mag, feed ramp, or barrel chmber edge chamfer issue.

A rought chamber can be the cause of extraction issues. It may need to be polished.

RollTide

Dec 31, 2010
    Greenbelt
    Thanks. I shot an email to czechpoint and told them what happened. I also told them when comparing the chamber to a Romy ak they look different. My Ak's chamber is the same chrome color as the rest of the bore. The chamber of the VZ is dark with copper/brass looking streaks or even scratches. Whether it should look that way or not I'm not sure and yes both were cleaned when I did this. I will see what he says. I figure worst case scenario he says its fine, I shoot it this saturday and it jams up again and then i have to send it back. I have heard there customer service is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom