• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I need help, i REALLY want a sig 556r. I've benn to 2 local gunshops in the OC area and they say that they are banned but others say they aren't, those guys are generally $2-300 over msrp. Any knowledge on this particular gun?

The MSP is apparently taking the position that the 556 is a copy of the banned 550 and therefore is also banned. The one you're looking at is in a different caliber. They're fine.

Find an FFL who isn't an idiot.

O-Hebi

Jul 19, 2013
    I would be more than happy to sell you mine, lol. I am going in the long range precision direction.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'm going to bump this thread...seems that Galil is bringing the ACE 7.62 x 39 model to the US market, available March of 2015. I see the AR & ARM versions are banned, but wondering if this one will be materially different. Though still must NOT run afoul of the features test, obviously.

Stupidly, someone will need to petition the roster for the handgun version with SIG brace (as that will be the first model available).

Thoughts?

Any IPs have any info on these rifles??

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Polytech M-14's are now transferable. However, it's Springfield equivalent is not.

Really?!? Seriously that's messed up... how's that?!?

Below is my polytech....

Attachments

• IMAG0091.jpg
      IMAG0091.jpg
      56.9 KB · Views: 394

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I need help, i REALLY want a sig 556r. I've benn to 2 local gunshops in the OC area and they say that they are banned but others say they aren't, those guys are generally $2-300 over msrp. Any knowledge on this particular gun?

I have not checked recently but Freestate was selling them as non-regulated prior to the Oct nonsense. Not sure if the MSP had a change of heart. However, the SIG556XI Russian should be different enough to not have that sort of problem.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...dard-5-56-223-rifle-2314-detail.html?Itemid=0

Feb 28, 2013
    Somebody got stupid last year with the 556, for some reason. Those take different mags than the banned 550/551, s they're fine.

The 556R is in a different caliber, so also not a copy.

Find a dealer who isn't stupid, like High Rock Outfitters who is perfectly willing to sell them to us.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Really?!? Seriously that's messed up... how's that?!?

Below is my polytech....

That's purty...

I think the Sage EBR is one of those things like the A10 Warthog - not pretty by classic standards, but the functionality makes the form ridiculously sexy.

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Does anyone know if the FNAR 308 light barrel is banned in Md, without a magazine? Thinking of selling mine to a coworker and just don't know if we will be able to. Thanks

pk64f100

Cold Dead hands
    Aug 24, 2013
    Carroll Co Md
    Thanks for the info

I apreciate the info just what I needed to hear. This is a nice rifle but I finally was able to purchase the SCAR 17S so i really don't need this anymore eventhough it is a very nice rifle for range days.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Obviously you can do you like with your rifle. But I gotta say, that is one bizarre looking creation.:shocking:

That's purty...

I think the Sage EBR is one of those things like the A10 Warthog - not pretty by classic standards, but the functionality makes the form ridiculously sexy.

It's pretty, but my other one is even sexier.

Troy MCS, Horus HDMR, and Gemtech HVT.

Attachments

• NFA M1A Troy MCS.jpg
      NFA M1A Troy MCS.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 273

mace2364

Feb 5, 2015
    So as someone who currently lives in a free state(but has friends/relatives in MD, as I grew up on the Eastern Shore), I feel for you all. This mess you all are being subjected to is complete nonsense, and I hope someday this whole thing gets canned. In the mean time I think I am seeing a possible way around some of this.

If you homebuild firearms, then there are a bunch of rather obscure models floating around as parts kits, which, you could assemble into legal firearms. For example, the CETME rifles are not listed(and do not have parts interchangeability HK91s). Also another good one would be the CETME L kits that have recently hit the market. These are roughly like an HK93, but do not have any interchangeable parts with them. They also use AR mags, which would be much easier to come by. There are others out there as well. Yeah, these are rather weird and obscure. But in this case, that's just the ticket.

If you don't homebuild firearms, and don't have metal working skills(this may be reason enough to obtain said skills), it may still be possible to obtain some of these. I don't know what sorts of gunsmiths are still operational in MD, but you could theoretically have one build one of these weird ones for you. Of course it could be possible to send the work out of state if needed.

Just a thought......

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just noticed that the MSP explicitly names the MAS-49 as OK as of 3/16/15

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads