Frostbite Shoot - Jan 27th, 2008 After Action Report!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    YOu guys were able to get distance? Heck, mine didn't get too far because they kept hitting the rafters and bouncing back. ;)

Seriously, we really should have a test to see which rifle, carbine, pistol, or revolver throws the brass the farthest. It would be interesting to say the least and I bet no one on any other message board will have done a test like this with such a large selection of guns.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    YOu guys were able to get distance? Heck, mine didn't get too far because they kept hitting the rafters and bouncing back. ;)

Seriously, we really should have a test to see which rifle, carbine, pistol, or revolver throws the brass the farthest. It would be interesting to say the least and I bet no one on any other message board will have done a test like this with such a large selection of guns.

My WASR-10 and CZ-52 would be in the running. :D

If we are talking forward throw then it would be the Russian SKS. :lol2:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh

I'll have to get a friend of mine to bring his HK23E then. I've never seen a gun throw brass so far!

I don't know what I'm more scared of, the bullet or the brass! Flies 50ft and all lands at 2 O'Clock.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Hey All,

I was the guy that came with Ed and Laura, I had a blast on Sunday-

It was great to meet a bunch of you guys-

And great to see everyone having such a fun AND safe time.

Will definitely do it again.

Marc

Welcome Marc.

I was the guy to your left with the M1A, BM 59, and Galil. Thanks for digging out that AK sight tool. Even though it wasn't exactly the tool for the job, the fact that you took time to look for it and offer some assistance just shows the kind of good people we have at these events. :beer:

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    Hey Marc Welcome. Thanks for the hot brass down the shirt! :lol2: I was the guy you sprayed shells at to your right.

Sorry 'bout that..... you shoulda seen my wife dance around the time she wore a low-cut shirt while we were shooting pistols..... landed a piece of hot .45 brass right between 'em. :P

marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    Welcome Marc.

I was the guy to your left with the M1A, BM 59, and Galil. Thanks for digging out that AK sight tool. Even though it wasn't exactly the tool for the job, the fact that you took time to look for it and offer some assistance just shows the kind of good people we have at these events. :beer:

You're welcome, happy to help.... too bad my ChiCom AK tool didn't fit the Galil.... the AK I would have just taken a pair of needle-nosed pliers to... but that Galil probably deserves a bit more respect than that!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

JeepDriver and I tried this at the October shoot and my FAL let me down miserably with that crap Argentine ammo.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Hey All,

I was the guy that came with Ed and Laura, I had a blast on Sunday-

It was great to meet a bunch of you guys-

And great to see everyone having such a fun AND safe time.

Will definitely do it again.

Marc

Hey Marc, glad to see you made it over to the board! :party29:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Only 5 benches? My CZ-52 throws brass across at least 8 benches! :lol2:

That was you? I was standing near the far table under the canopy (closest to the road), and you were out in the open pistol area, and I was catching your brass ABOVE my head! That thing sure does have some range :D

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    That was you? I was standing near the far table under the canopy (closest to the road), and you were out in the open pistol area, and I was catching your brass ABOVE my head! That thing sure does have some range :D

:lol2: I made the mistake of shooting mine at Hap Baker in the farthest right lane. They were flying off the wall and beaning me in the face and on top of my head. It's definately a good shell spitter :D

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    Outstanding! Looks like you all had a fantastic time. Great assortment of weapons there to shoot. Maybe I'll make it down that way some day.

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    Just swap his earpiece with my truck, and I think that is probably what happened...

Did anything happen to your truck? I still want to shoot steel with the BMG, maybe I need to reach out a little farther. And next time 1 inch plate and I beams. But I need a bench where I can reach out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom