• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MFMSARWTSTTGU.

(magazine fed modular semi-automatic rifles with the shoulder thing that goes up)

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Has Gov. Hogan said anything about this?
    The last thing I remember him saying (2A related) is that he does not want to change MD gun laws which is pretty much what frosh is saying. The media could spin this to Hogan and frosh being together against the upper court's recent findings. His name is on the case so I am hoping he has a prepared answer ... and that it is pro 2A.
    I'm not trying to stir anything up just keeping my fingers crossed waiting for news.

I go with "Modern Rifle" when necessary.

Hogan, being a businessman, is concentrating on the economic environment in Maryland. He is reducing taxes, trying to control spending and freeing up the private sector to flourish in Maryland. This is his primary goal this term. If he can achieve this goal then he can use it to get a second term. Then in his second term he can work on other issues, such as Maryland's unconstitutional gun laws, getting the general assembly to stop gerrymandering Congressional districts and other issues.

Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    Hogan, being a businessman, is concentrating on the economic environment in Maryland. He is reducing taxes, trying to control spending and freeing up the private sector to flourish in Maryland. This is his primary goal this term. If he can achieve this goal then he can use it to get a second term. Then in his second term he can work on other issues, such as Maryland's unconstitutional gun laws, getting the general assembly to stop gerrymandering Congressional districts and other issues.

How much money and time is spent on unnecessary gun regulations? If I had Hogan's ear for a minute, I'd push that angle. Reduce costs and help our cause at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Frankly, I'm hoping this encourages Hogan to step out into supporting gun rights even just a little bit. He made a statement chiding gun control efforts after San Bernardino, but hasn't said much since. He has an opportunity to get in front of the 4th Circuit's opinion by supporting the good bills introduced this year.

He's going to be a part of this fight one way or another.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD

Being openly pro-gun is not a huge political liability. On the other hand, being openly a hoplophobe is. I don't think it would hurt Hogan at all to start making some real inroads to overturning some of the anti-gun laws on the MD books (in his first term). The problem is not that MD (citizens) would welcome real CCW and the repeal of SB281 but that it never gets out of committee for a vote. That says those that are keeping it in endless committee do so because if their constituents knew their real leanings for gun control they would have a hard time being re-elected.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Frankly, I'm hoping this encourages Hogan to step out into supporting gun rights even just a little bit. He made a statement chiding gun control efforts after San Bernardino, but hasn't said much since. He has an opportunity to get in front of the 4th Circuit's opinion by supporting the good bills introduced this year.

He's going to be a part of this fight one way or another.

Agree...

He could do well by throwing a bit of a bone right now (probably would have to be unrelated to the suit, though, since his name is on it).

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Has Gov. Hogan said anything about this?
    The last thing I remember him saying (2A related) is that he does not want to change MD gun laws which is pretty much what frosh is saying. The media could spin this to Hogan and frosh being together against the upper court's recent findings. His name is on the case so I am hoping he has a prepared answer ... and that it is pro 2A.
    I'm not trying to stir anything up just keeping my fingers crossed waiting for news.

I go with "Modern Rifle" when necessary.

Hogan was only saying that he wasn't going to push for legislative repeal of FSA2013. He knew that would be doa. Still wouldn't get through the M&M MGA, even though circumstances have changed somewhat for the better with O'Mao out of the Presidential race, leaving his vast political base ( <1% of Democrats, including his anti-2A zealots) for the better men to fight over, and with the 4th Circuit telling Judge Blake that with AR-15 sales exceeding Ford F-150 sales by multiples, AR-15's are, indeed commonly owned. Despite multiple delusional if not dishonest government officials' protestations and misrepresentations to the contrary.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    What I mean by that is if you have a 30 round magazine and 1 bullet each strikes your target then that's 30 victims before you reload. But my real point is
    if you kill one person you might as well kill 100 because murder is murder no matter the number. Anything over 1 is fodder for the media to sensationalize the act. Speaking religiously, I don't think God cares if you killed 1 or a million. It only takes 1 murder for it to be a sin. I just don't want the government to tell me what firearms I can own or how much ammo I can have. I don't kill because killing is illegal, I don't kill because it is a sin.

The actual rate of fire in the mass shootings to date..are achievable with bolt action riles. Unarmed targets do not require magazines nor reload speed to engage with impunity.

Only the defense , having lost first mover advantage, as well as the choice to target the helpless is in anyway disadvantaged by such restrictions..and even more so if criminal class choses to igore them.

The argument is bogus.. Period.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hogan was only saying that he wasn't going to push for legislative repeal of FSA2013. He knew that would be doa. Still wouldn't get through the M&M MGA, even though circumstances have changed somewhat for the better with O'Mao out of the Presidential race, leaving his vast political base ( <1% of Democrats, including his anti-2A zealots) for the better men to fight over, and with the 4th Circuit telling Judge Blake that with AR-15 sales exceeding Ford F-150 sales by multiples, AR-15's are, indeed commonly owned. Despite multiple delusional if not dishonest government officials' protestations and misrepresentations to the contrary.

I think that Hogan, being the astute businessman that he is, is waiting to see if the 2A tide is coming in or going out before saying anything substantial. He has a lot of controversial (potentially election-losing) irons in the fire right now, and his batting average with the MGA isn't stellar by any measure, so I can understand his reluctance to go "all in" on this.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yup, tricky situation for Gov. Hogan

I renewed my membership with the NRA at the gun show this am and their rep knew nothing about the recent findings, he said "we are too tied up with the presidential election". I found that strange, oh well, I still think this is good news.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL

Only the defense , having lost first mover advantage, as well as the choice to target the helpless is in anyway disadvantaged by such restrictions..and even more so if criminal class choses to igore them.

The argument is bogus.. Period.

The whole LCM and assault weapon restriction is bogus since only the law abiding and thoroughly vetted are restricted. The criminals get more of an advantage.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yup, tricky situation for Gov. Hogan

I renewed my membership with the NRA at the gun show this am and their rep knew nothing about the recent findings, he said "we are too tied up with the presidential election". I found that strange, oh well, I still think this is good news.

I wouldn't expect volunteers from one branch of NRA to be up to speed on the others. You probably talked to PVF guys, whereas the ILA folks would be all over it.

SDA

May 22, 2008
    Dun-Doc Hun
    Of course Frosh is going to continue the fight...it's not costing HIM a penny. He has unlimited funds and resources by way of the tax payers.

Use the taxpayer money to restrict our rights. Lovely how that works.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    WOD will be the next term. Weapons of death.

I've point out many times the tax people would be willing to pay if Maryland issues permits. Even more so if they did something like Utah. I wonder how much Utah makes a year off out of state permits...

As always every one of my comments never makes it past censorship on Facebook.

I hope a judge ask frost one day a direct question. has any of the new laws you are spending money on to uphold helped the gun problems in Maryland?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I think that Hogan, being the astute businessman that he is, is waiting to see if the 2A tide is coming in or going out before saying anything substantial. He has a lot of controversial (potentially election-losing) irons in the fire right now, and his batting average with the MGA isn't stellar by any measure, so I can understand his reluctance to go "all in" on this.

Yep. But it's nearly impossible to have a stellar batting average when you're always playing an "away" game, the other team's pitchers all throw spitballs, and the ump (media) is on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom