• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I hope they are exhausted. And I hope that when they keep seeing us coming back year after year they become more and more exhausted until they change these crappy laws.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hope they are exhausted. And I hope that when they keep seeing us coming back year after year they become more and more exhausted until they change these crappy laws.

The only thing they are exhausted about is the fact that their laws don't prevent crime.
    They will propose another law.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They need a really big tragedy so they can pass new and more restrictive laws over the corpses of dozens of children. That's what he is really saying.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    They're probably just not doing anything because they don't want to make us mad again before the midterm elections. They think we have short memories. Sadly, with the exception of the people on this forum, they're probably right.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    They need a really big tragedy so they can pass new and more restrictive laws over the corpses of dozens of children. That's what he is really saying.

I really hate to say it, but the Left gets wood every time there's a shooting and the dead children are simply pawns in the never ending game of 2A chess.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    From my years of experience, my advise to new dealers is follow the laws and do what is right. Then refuse to speak to the media. In MD they will always twist your words to make you look like the bad guy even when you did nothing wrong.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    Hard to say, and yeah considering the source that statement should mean nothing.

Its more reason for us to fight harder, obviously whether we get resistance or not.

Frosh and the rest of the MD govt have a lot on their plates this year, its possible that they may be rather content with what they did last year FOR NOW, and want to focus on other issues. Unless NY or CA goes even further then Md will step up Im sure.

Another thing to consider is they may not feel the need to push more state level gun control laws maybe well be dealing with federal issues instead...

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Hate to say it and call me a conspirocy theorist, but sounds like a false flag event. Timing - 1 week before State of the Union, 2 weeks into the MD General Assy, 1 1/2 weeks before the big Diane Sawyer "It's for the cildren" special on kids with guns. All too convenient. And guess what, the perp was 19 so this will go down a child event!

You're a conspiracy theorist.

Seriously? Politicizing the dead? False Flag? I've heard some far-fetched stupidity but I don't think the feds need to entrap angry young men to go shoot people. (They seem to be doing just fine, if you go by the media reports.)

This could have happened any day, any time - but it happened on Saturday.

Legal adults are considered "children" because it makes the stats look better, but it's not being done as a "false flag" operation. That's one of those red flags that pegs the BS meter. (Another is when someone says "common sense" in a legislative session.)

More people are hearing about it than would otherwise because of the magic of the internet. There are enough stupid coincidences in the world before people start connecting non-sequentially-numbered dots.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    After reading this I take away two things.
    1. We need to use this against Frosh. He was so fanatical last year on pushing firearm control, but now that he is running for AG, he feels like what we have is "enough". While I want LESS restrictions, he is being hypocritical in the faces of his constituents.

2. This kid did NOT buy this shotgun to commit a crime. It sounds like something changed in between the time he purchased and the time he committed the crime.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    All the debates are fine, but I think the salient point here is that the ever-increasing use of guns (of all types) to kill in public places is a clear indicator that something's gone seriously askew in our society (to put it mildly). Yes, most(?) of the trigger men are lunatics who've been set free to roam our streets (how many times have you almost hit one of the psychotic pan-handlers on Rockville Pike?!), but many are rooted in young mens' inability to control their anger and/or work out personal demons without resorting to lethal aggression and violence.

Meanwhile, the average soccer mom or feminized dad, neither of whom've ever been closer to a real firearm than the remote on their tv set (which rarely tunes into the news due to all the bad news), can't really be faulted for thinking that if you eliminate the guns, you eliminate the likelihood of their families' being exposed to these horrific shootings. In this context, can you really blame them for voting for politicians who share their perspective?

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    All the debates are fine, but I think the salient point here is that the ever-increasing use of guns (of all types) to kill in public places is a clear indicator that something's gone seriously askew in our society (to put it mildly). Yes, most(?) of the trigger men are lunatics who've been set free to roam our streets (how many times have you almost hit one of the psychotic pan-handlers on Rockville Pike?!), but many are rooted in young mens' inability to control their anger and/or work out personal demons without resorting to lethal aggression and violence.

Meanwhile, the average soccer mom or feminized dad, neither of whom've ever been closer to a real firearm than the remote on their tv set (which rarely tunes into the news due to all the bad news), can't really be faulted for thinking that if you eliminate the guns, you eliminate the likelihood of their families' being exposed to these horrific shootings. In this context, can you really blame them for voting for politicians who share their perspective?

Yeah, because it's not like history told us the opposite regarding prohibition or the war on drugs. :sad20:

Neither of which is a right enumerated in the BOR/constitution.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    1. This guy only used three shots--I see a resurgence of double-barrel shotguns.
    2. Wasn't the gun purchased in December? How long of a cooling off period do we need?

This guy would have used a knife or machete if he didn't have a gun.

Why does anyone need a shotgun that holds more than three two one round? Only the military and police should have military style high capacity assault shotguns. :sarcasm:

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    The article says the gun store owner, in hindsight, wished he "had dug in" to the transaction a little more now that he knows what happened.

I hope he lawyers up fast, he just basically admitted responsibility. That's why politicians say "No comment"

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Cut the shop owner some slack. He's already said that the buyer didn't appear odd or of concern at the time of purchase, or afterward.

Now the guy has to live with the crap that the media will be dumping on him, and deal with the mobs with pitchforks and flaming torches that will be howling for his blood (and their fair share of media attention) outside his business and his home.

Have to wonder if the taxi cab driver is feeling the same remorse. Have to wonder if the media is going after the taxi cab driver for not asking what was in the bag. Does the guy's mother feel the same remorse? The gun shop owner is dealing with his conscience, but there really is nothing that he could have done to prevent this mess. If the guy passed the NICS check, he was going to get a shotgun from some vendor, even if it wasn't that specific vendor. I can sympathize with the shop owner though and deal with the same issues in my practice.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Have to wonder if the taxi cab driver is feeling the same remorse. Have to wonder if the media is going after the taxi cab driver for not asking what was in the bag. Does the guy's mother feel the same remorse? The gun shop owner is dealing with his conscience, but there really is nothing that he could have done to prevent this mess. If the guy passed the NICS check, he was going to get a shotgun from some vendor, even if it wasn't that specific vendor. I can sympathize with the shop owner though and deal with the same issues in my practice.

I think the mother has more to tell. I put some blame on her as well. She didn't know he had a shotgun but she knew he had a journal? I'd like to know where the kid came up with 430 bucks to buy a gun and ammo. Sorry, but if an adult kid lives at home, like any other kid, the parent has an obligation to know as much as possible what the kid is up to and make certain, as much as possible, the kid is not doing something bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom