• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    I hope this is not a dupe. I live in Frosh's district and got this email today from him:

Dear Friend:

Citizens who support an end to gun violence in Maryland scored another important victory this week.

After the General Assembly passed the Firearm Safety Act, opponents of gun safety immediately vowed to have the law placed on the ballot in 2014. Now, after closer inspection, the NRA and its ilk have discovered that Marylanders—unlike many members of Congress—are not swayed by scare tactics and disinformation campaigns. This week, overwhelming support for the new common sense safety measures convinced opponents to abandon their petition campaign.

Instead of petitioning for a referendum, the NRA has decided to fight the law in court—where defeat is just as certain. We already know that the Firearm Safety Act is constitutional. It has been thoroughly examined by me and my legislative colleagues, the Attorney General, Governor O’Malley’s legislative office, and the Department of Legislative Services. The NRA will waste its time and money finding out what we already know: the new law does nothing to infringe the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

This turn of events has significant implications. Most importantly, it means the new law will start saving lives on October 1 of this year, not January 1, 2015.

Thank you again for supporting common sense measures to stop the gun violence epidemic.

Sincerely,

Brian Frosh

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Drop this over in the referendum threads. Then make popcorn.

*** It is impossible to legislate evil away. What's amazing is that liberals are willing to die trying.***

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Citizens who support an end to gun violence in Maryland scored another important victory this week.

Wait, that's everyone. Who doesn't want an end to gun violence in Maryland? Well, besides those NRA nut-jobs.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    He's apparently not bright enough to understand that pro-2A groups are setting the table for the greatest chance of successful lawsuits. No matter. Let him gloat for now. Sooner or later, his megalomania will be his political undoing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He's apparently not bright enough to understand that pro-2A groups are setting the table for the greatest chance of successful lawsuits. No matter. Let him gloat for now. Sooner or later, his megalomania will be his political undoing.

This.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Couldn't get it passed immediatley like NY, I know that smarts.

But thanks for convincing me t get involved and actually buy not one but 2 stripped lowers to build assault rifles.

I wouldn't have otherwise Froshy!

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Man, that is like 5 idiots looking at a sheep and deciding it absolutely, positively MUST be a dog....I wonder if he can even dress himself in the morning.

Jesse

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Dammit! We're screwed....

I hadn't realized that Frosh reviewed 281 for constitutionality....:rolleyes:

Doesn't everyone understand that Frosh is a constitutional scholar, practices real estate and business law, ambulance chaser ... :innocent0

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

Attachments

• image-1477460632.jpg
      image-1477460632.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 842

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    The politicians who ignored what the citizens of Maryland told them and passed the bill, because they thought they would get money and special favors if O'Malley was elected president. The representatives of Maryland didn't care what anyone said, didn't bother reading the bill. Wow, we should be so inspired by their total disregard for the citizens of Maryland.

The Maryland legislature should be ashamed of what they did. It is hard to believe that they are patting themselves on the back for taking freedoms away from honest citizens and doing nothing to stop criminals. Shame on those who voted for this bill. I can only hope that they will be not representing anyone after the next election. I was shocked to hear our governor, senator Frosh and other representatives in both the House and Senate tell such bald faced lies on the floor of the House and Senate.

It's a shame that they demonize the NRA. If anyone of them understood the history of the NRA, they would know they are way off base with their comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom