• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    I thought you all might want to read this. I found it posted on facebook a few minutes ago. It's about an ammunition ban.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...bbB1ajt2JOeQb7s_qYRLV84UZx7-ZEk4fKe9zpHN6VLs=

Not an ammo ban per se, but this is the CA-based "lead-free" (save the Condors) shot-shell based attack. Many hunters have gotten accustomed to lead alternatives in shot shell I believe (someone PLEASE correct me if wrong, I don't own a shotgun!) but there is resistance regarding rifle and handgun rounds being formed.

Something to be watched, for sure. It needs to die an early death...

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Mark? You're wrong on this one. This bill needs to pass, with enough numbers to be veto proof!

The link goes to an NSSF page asking for everyone's help in calling their Senators and asking for their support of the bill.

Twice now, once last year and again this year, a coalition of anti-gun groups have petitioned the EPA to ban lead in all ammunition. Both times the EPA has denied the petition due to the Toxic Substances Control Act. This act explicitly excludes ammunition as being a toxic substance.

This group of anti-gunners has sued the EPA in federal court, over the issue.

The Sportsmen's Act (S. 3525) is a bi-partisan bill that includes the already passed (276-146) House bill, the Sportsmen's Heritage Act of 2012 (H.R. 4089).

The bills together clarify that it is Congress' intent to completely exclude traditional ammunition and fishing weights from any definition of toxic waste. If passed by this Congress, it will not only preserve our ammo, but moot the lawsuit.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for the clarification, Al. That's what I get for skimming!

Sportsmen's Priorities in the Sportsmen's Act of 2012

The Hunting, Fishing and Recreational Shooting Protection Act: Specifically excludes ammunition and fishing tackle from the Toxic Substances Control Act, preventing unnecessary regulations that could devastate hunting, shooting, conservation funding and the firearm and ammunition industries.

Making Public Lands Public: Requires that the 1.5 percent of annual Land and Water Conservation Fund funding is made available to secure public access to federal public land for hunting, fishing, and other recreational purposes.

Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act: Makes Pittman-Robertson funds available to states for a longer period of time for the creation and maintenance of shooting ranges. The bill encourages federal land agencies to cooperate with state and local authorities to maintain shooting ranges and limits liability for these agencies.

This is a good bill to prevent many bad bills from being implemented. It was the bad bills I was mentioning in my earlier post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom