• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    A co-worker friend is having trouble with his car battery discharging every couple of days. The dealer told him 'blah, blah, blah, blah', and are not helping him. It seems he likely has a short in the system that's causing the battery to drain.

Can anyone recommend a good electric shop in/around Owings Mills, Reisterstown, etc. He'd probably travel some for a good shop.

Thanks!

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    My shop is about 20 miles away but would be glad to look at it. We are locate on Harford Rd in between Towson and BelAir. Or they can drop off at my house in Hampstead and I can take in the morning and bring home in the evening after work

address is
    Fork Auto Service
    12600 Harford Rd
    Hydes Md 21082
    410-592-8243
    ask for Gary

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    is the battery old? it may just need new battery. had it happen tome before....would charge it overnight.. two days later. dead.. bought new battery and its all good.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    What year, make, model is the vehicle
    I think it's a 2004 Kia, but not sure and don't know the model. I'll ask tomorrow

My shop is about 20 miles away but would be glad to look at it. We are locate on Harford Rd in between Towson and BelAir. Or they can drop off at my house in Hampstead and I can take in the morning and bring home in the evening after work

address is
    Fork Auto Service
    12600 Harford Rd
    Hydes Md 21082
    410-592-8243
    ask for Gary
    I will let him know. :thumbsup:

is the battery old? it may just need new battery. had it happen tome before....would charge it overnight.. two days later. dead.. bought new battery and its all good.
    He did get a new battery and it's still doing it.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    With the car off, connect an ammeter set to DC mode between the battery's negative terminal and the ground connection. That will tell you how many milliamps the car is drawing when it's sitting unused.

If you have more than a few mA's draw (say 50mA) start looking for lamps that may be stuck "on", especially in trunks, under the hood, etc.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    With the car off, connect an ammeter set to DC mode between the battery's negative terminal and the ground connection. That will tell you how many milliamps the car is drawing when it's sitting unused.

If you have more than a few mA's draw (say 50mA) start looking for lamps that may be stuck "on", especially in trunks, under the hood, etc.

You can also start pulling fuses one by one until the amp draw stops. Then look up what stuff is on that fuse since it may not be a light, but a switch or something else shorted.

Ask me how I know. :cool:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    You can also start pulling fuses one by one until the amp draw stops. Then look up what stuff is on that fuse since it may not be a light, but a switch or something else shorted.

Ask me how I know. :cool:

OK - how do you know? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom