• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    Ran through this with same make recently. The drain was clogged up. If you take off the back panel you should see a condensate pan under the fridge. Follow that line to see where it goes into the freezer. I took all the frozen stuff out, took all the shelves out, found the ice lake. Carefully broke it up and then used hot water to slowly melt through the ice in the line. I made a little 'pressure cleaner' bottle out of a water bottle with a hole poked in the lid big enough for some vacuum line. Straw works too. Just squeeze water in there over and over until it runs out.

My wife was disappointed I fixed it instead of getting her a new fridge :D

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ran through this with same make recently. The drain was clogged up. If you take off the back panel you should see a condensate pan under the fridge. Follow that line to see where it goes into the freezer. I took all the frozen stuff out, took all the shelves out, found the ice lake. Carefully broke it up and then used hot water to slowly melt through the ice in the line. I made a little 'pressure cleaner' bottle out of a water bottle with a hole poked in the lid big enough for some vacuum line. Straw works too. Just squeeze water in there over and over until it runs out.

My wife was disappointed I fixed it instead of getting her a new fridge :D

*****I've done this. It can work well and save the fridge if this is the problem. I used my ex-girlfriends fancy hair dryer to help melt everything. Truthfully, the hair dryer was hotter than the ex, and using that thing saved me some $$$ for sure - almost as much as getting rid of the ex!

Oh, and if the line is really old, or looks cracked/crunchy replace it if possible or the problem will come back.. Depends on how it is all set up.

Good luck.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Ha! I opened the fridge and made some sandwich about 2 hours ago. Now everything in the fridge is frozen solid. Thermostat went bad? Door gasket leaks? Or didn't I close the fridge door properly?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Ha! I opened the fridge and made some sandwich about 2 hours ago. Now everything in the fridge is frozen solid. Thermostat went bad? Door gasket leaks? Or didn't I close the fridge door properly?
    The cooling coils are typ in freezer, there is a opening between the freezer and fridge compartments with a damper door and fan. The fridge T-stat determines when the damper opens/fan on to bring some of the "coolness" into the fridge side.
    Either T-stat is bad or damper stuck open

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom