• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Construction is going well and FreeState Gun Range is still on schedule to open in April. We heartily appreciate the suggestions received from mdshooters members and are trying to implement those that we can. We may not be able to fire them all up day-one, but we will add them as soon as is practical.

The website is in progress and we hope to go live with an informational site in the next two weeks. Our goal is to make FreeState a shooting range for serious shooters and also to be a range that welcomes and mentors new shooters. They are your and our future.

Any other comments, suggestions and questions will be appreciated. We will continue to keep you posted on our progress.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Any idea of pricing yet? or is it too early?

Will you be doing firearms transfers?? I hope so...
    Maybe even let us shoot the firearms at your range while we wait the 8 days for MSP???

LeadPumper

Jul 20, 2008
    New Range...

Outstanding. :thumbsup:

Glad things are going well.

Don't worry though- even if the range isn't perfect to start with, there are more than enough folks here happy to 'assist' and offer their opinion.:innocent0

-Jeff

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I never did post in the other thread but I'd love to be able to shoot full-auto 5.56 if that's possible. There's precious few places in MD to do so (yes I know about AGC).

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Sweet! Would it be legal to let us shoot the firearm during the waiting period?
    The law justs states we can't take possession of it right? Meaning bring it home?
    I think that would boost your transfers through the roof if we could!

MW, in the past the folks at Continental have said that I could have "visitation rights" during the paperwork wait time. That was maybe seven years ago and I do not think any law has changed. There is one issue however, I like to strip and clean a new gun before I use it. Unless the facility is setup to allow a shooter to clean a gun, the buyer would be faced with an interesting dilemma. Shoot a gun that hasn't been inspected and cleaned and lubed or just wait.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    702 is it on or off 702? Or is it off the new 43??? We will be off the new 43.

The law just states we can't take possession of it right? Meaning bring it home?
    I think that would boost your transfers through the roof if we could! We have to think about how to do this one. Once fired, the gun is now used and no longer new.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Shoot a gun that hasn't been inspected and cleaned and lubed or just wait.

They may well be good enough business people to offer to inspect, clean and lube your gun for you, for a nominal fee, of course :D In fact I'm thinking I might take advantage of a cleaning service at a place as close and convenient as this is. I sure as heck don't have the room to do it here. :sad20:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The law just states we can't take possession of it right? Meaning bring it home?
    I think that would boost your transfers through the roof if we could! We have to think about how to do this one. Once fired, the gun is now used and no longer new.

Technically, the fact a buyer filled out a 4473 and the 77R forms on it, wouldn't that make it used? If MSP DISAPPROVES the buyer, they have bigger issues than how much $$ they are getting back from the FFL.

I could see how a simple form would solve this. The buyer agrees, in writing, that if they use the gun at the range during the paperwork time and they are DISAPPROVED, they acknowledge the gun is therefore the gun is USED and they don't get 100% back. Only allow the option to people who pay 100% on the gun and not someone who puts only a deposit down.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Technically, the fact a buyer filled out a 4473 and the 77R forms on it, wouldn't that make it used? If MSP DISAPPROVES the buyer, they have bigger issues than how much $$ they are getting back from the FFL.

I could see how a simple form would solve this. The buyer agrees, in writing, that if they use the gun at the range during the paperwork time and they are DISAPPROVED, they acknowledge the gun is therefore the gun is USED and they don't get 100% back. Only allow the option to people who pay 100% on the gun and not someone who puts only a deposit down.

Good thought. There is probably a workable compromise here.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    But if after 6 mo. of back and forth, the M.S.P withdrawls the dissapproval, the customer is going to be back looking for his pistol. Not one like it but the one he purchased. These are not new issues. I have seen crazy things come out of gun purchases.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I saw another shop/range's web site the other day, they had a seniors day and a ladies day. I can see how that can help a shop grow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom