• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cadillac jack

Mar 5, 2014
    Crofton
    My friend called me this morning asking about it I told him I didn't hear anything about it . The sad part about it is he was on the last day of the "7 days of doom" aka waiting for state paperwork It really was a good place to stop in on the way to range

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am glad no one was hurt. freds had its downfalls but they will be missed until they reopen. I only went there when I needed something and they usually had what I needed so I will miss them.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    heard that they are suspecting a robbery before the fire

Talk around here is that the Atf came in with dogs and tracked the suspects trough the woods right to the hotel room they stayed in. Report was the Atf even found a cell phone from one of the suspects. So if this is true it won't be long until they are caught not only facing charges for theft of guns but also arson. These idiots should be very scared.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Talk around here is that the Atf came in with dogs and tracked the suspects trough the woods right to the hotel room they stayed in. Report was the Atf even found a cell phone from one of the suspects. So if this is true it won't be long until they are caught not only facing charges for theft of guns but also arson. These idiots should be very scared.

I hope that catch the jerks that did it. I have purchased quite a bit from them. I was always treated well there.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

I hope that catch the jerks that did it. I have purchased quite a bit from them. I was always treated well there.

This is Maryland, they'll be out in a few days on bail.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Seriously though, what do they do with all the unpopped rounds? Burnt box, loose ammo, wet ammo, I wish I was on the cleanup crew. I once bought a brick and a half of wet remington buckshot. I mean soaked with some pitting on some of the brass. The boxes were sill damp. I paid 10.00 on a chance. Cleaned and oiled them, and I am still shooting them. Absolute great buy.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    My first compound bow, .22 rifle, and Mossy pump came from the old Fred's on Rte. 5. For many years I would stop by (Fred's on 301) when back home visiting my folks on Christmas leave. Haven't been there for years. Will make it a priority when they are up and running again. Best wishes to Fred's and crew. Swift justice for the perps.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I always liked Freds. I didn't like their "ammo log" but they more than made up for it in other items. I have bought equine products and supplies from them since the 70's. As for sprinklers, I don't think they will have a problem since the building was too old to require them.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

One person "supposedly in the know" said that a hole was cut in the roof, and gasoline was poured in, then lit.

While I'm no fan of Fred's....... I do NOT like arson or arsonists.

I hope the bastiges are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    No working sprinklers.

OOPS...

Its an older building. Chuck co didnt require sprinklers in single and two story buildings back then.

Insurance pays if you didnt misrepresent the risk. They ask building and roof materials sprinklers etc when you apply for coverage and calculate their premium accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom