• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Question for those who know: I am looking for a particular rifle. If I find one at Frederick and one at Timonium, which show is likely to have better prices? Timonium tables don't dicker in my experience.

I was window shopping for a particular rifle I couldn't seem to find at any of the local shops, a CZ 452 lux or trainer. I happened upon one at the last Frederick show, and talked the guy down in price and bought it right then and there... let this be a lesson to you guys, if you don't want to spend it, leave your wallet in the car :P.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    If I'm looking for either

a) a shotgun or
    b) a .22 1911 conversion kit

for between $200 and $250 would the Frederick show be a good place to go? It's about an hour away from me (Columbia), and it'd be good to know if I'm wasting my time (I haven't been to many shows).

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    If I'm looking for either

a) a shotgun or
    b) a .22 1911 conversion kit

for between $200 and $250 would the Frederick show be a good place to go? It's about an hour away from me (Columbia), and it'd be good to know if I'm wasting my time (I haven't been to many shows).

Shotguns are usually plentiful at most gun shows, you shouldnt have a problem there. The 1911 kit im not sure about.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    If I wake up early, I may go there before work. if I'm bored.

Ieatpeople

Dec 15, 2009
    i went to hap baker today, but am planning on going to the show tomorrow. i need to get some new toys.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I changed my mind on the way to Frederick and ended up going to see On Target, and then got caught in the designed-by-a-madman labyrinth called Anne Arundel Mall to see Outdoor World. I realized I hadn't been to either place in like 5 or 6 years; where does the time go?

On Target seems ready to come back with a bullet (pun intended), with a whole new range facility. More EBRs and tactical shotguns than you can shake a stick at, and a nice selection of handguns. Lots o' ammo, too.

Outdoor World wants a not-too-outrageous price for a Rossi Puma '92 Winchester repro in .45 Colt. Tempting. But lots of other price tags there (and at On Target) seemed, in my very humble opinion, to ask, "What's in your wallet?"

Well, to the point: Am I likely to find better prices on pistol primers and powder at Outdoor World or the SGS show?

82ndShooter

Nov 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I went to the show this afternoon. I must say that I was NOT impressed at all. It was a very small venue with a lot of BS tables with a lot over over priced items. There were a couple of tables I visited that were reasonable, but they were few and far between. I did pick up a new Kershaw assisted-open knife for a good price, but I wasn't buying any firearms from this show.

I'll admit that this being my first gun show in MD that I was skeptical to begin with. PA gun shows are a lot better than this show was to me.

82ndShooter

Nov 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I changed my mind on the way to Frederick and ended up going to see On Target, and then got caught in the designed-by-a-madman labyrinth called Anne Arundel Mall to see Outdoor World. I realized I hadn't been to either place in like 5 or 6 years; where does the time go?

On Target seems ready to come back with a bullet (pun intended), with a whole new range facility. More EBRs and tactical shotguns than you can shake a stick at, and a nice selection of handguns. Lots o' ammo, too.

Outdoor World wants a not-too-outrageous price for a Rossi Puma '92 Winchester repro in .45 Colt. Tempting. But lots of other price tags there (and at On Target) seemed, in my very humble opinion, to ask, "What's in your wallet?"

Well, to the point: Am I likely to find better prices on pistol primers and powder at Outdoor World or the SGS show?

As far as primers and powder were concerned at this show, GOOD LUCK! I only saw two tables that had primers and no powder to be seen anywhere! I may have missed the powder selections, but considering that was a primary reason for attending this show, it wasn't something that I would have over looked inadvertently.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    As far as primers and powder were concerned at this show, GOOD LUCK! I only saw two tables that had primers and no powder to be seen anywhere! I may have missed the powder selections, but considering that was a primary reason for attending this show, it wasn't something that I would have over looked inadvertently.

You didn't miss it - there was no powder to be had at all. I did see some primers, though, and picked up some fully jacketed .45 bullets (hooray!). Guess it's time for a trip to Bass Pro.

On the other hand, I didn't think the show was all that bad. Granted, I haven't been to many, but this one had a lot of neat milsurp rifles, including a $30,000 BAR (NFA, fully transferrable, and C&R eligible).

Does anyone know if the one in Chantilly next month is any good?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Chantilly weakens every time but overall still rocks. Lots of dealers who want an arm and a leg but almost religiously are several reasoanble mag, ammo and other dealers.

hughmon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2008
    I have to agree, the show is weak. Even the guy stamping your hand at the entrance was apologizing for the low number of vendors.

Prices were high for what I was looking for, and a lot of the things I was looking for were not there. For example, I had wanted try the wolf .22LR target. I think White Marsh Arms had some, but it was very expensive $87.95 for a 500Rd brick.:eek: MidWayUSA just the other day had it for $50.00. OTOH, they did have a reasonable price for Federal 12 gauge Reduced Recoil 00 Buckshot, which I partook of.

I live very close by, so it was not much of a loss to go, but I would hope that the Timonium Show next weekend would be a better bet, though I have not been to that one. At least for a MD show.

stevezio

Feb 23, 2009
    Taneytown MD
    Got back from the show and wow what a stinker.
    It was very crowded but prices way high and only 2 buildings.
    Looking for some AR accessories and it seemed everyone who had them had the same low end over priced junk.
    If you look on the internet ammo prices and gun prices have gone down but the dealers at the show must have not got the message.
    Did not buy anything

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    As far as primers and powder were concerned at this show, GOOD LUCK!

Hm. I guess this week I'll hit local places to get an idea of prices and then see if Timonium has better deals. Actually, I'd really rather buy from local stores and not a gun show, but at a show you can try to haggle. Glad I didn't waste the time and gas going to Frederick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom