• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    I just brought from a local gun shop a fully assembled upper, 20" with stock and lower kit. (BTW for around $570, does it sounds like a good price ?).

I was very excited with anticipation of building my own 20" AR15 until I look at the assembly under the lamp, the upper is deep purple. Just look so strange, not a classic black rifle I like to build.

I plan to take this back to the shop. If they can give me a truly full black upper, I will exchange it, otherwise I will return it.

I think I rush into buying it. May be I should research more in the 20" upper.
    My questions are:

Is del-ton upper good choice ? I saw an online ad from this place that offer the same deal (fully assembled upper plus fix stock and kit) from

http://palmettostatearmory.com/20-hammer-forged-chrome-lined-mp-rifle-kit.html

But I am not sure if this is heavy battle. I looked throu the description and it did not say it is HBAR

Any thought ?

Keep it, paint it. Duracoat/Cerakote/Spraybomb, your choice. Also, HBAR = heavy barrel, not heavy battle

That's actually not unusual for AR finishes to look purple under the right light. Some people knock Delton but mine is 100% reliable and one of the most accurate ARs I own. Its one of my go tos.

Palmetto stuff is ok, have a lot of it, lots of guys I know have a lot of Palmetto too. It is cheap, it always runs...........they do run HBARs periodically.

x2. I have a 20" del-ton upper I build. Very accurate for the cost. Found an ammo that the barrel likes, and I can hit 1.2-2moa consistently. I also have a Del-ton Dissipator upper. Awesome product for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom