• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm thinking about hunting forest game early tomorrow. Anyone else hunt at Patuxent River State Park before? Their web page says they have doves. It seems I need a Migratory Bird Stamp to hunt doves though. Since I don't have one, I was thinking about hunting Ruffed Grouse. Are there any there? Where else can I go? I live in the Rockville area, and don't want to travel more than 40~ minutes. I'm going to try to go to the open holster rally after. Any help welcomed. Thanks.

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    Dove season was over 01/07. Saw a lot of doves late December when deer hunting. Very crowded deer firearms season. Have seen woodcock and squirrel but no grouse. Wasnt looking for them though. Good luck.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Only thing I saw during deer season was a coyote chasing a fox. Then later in the day he circled back and was sitting behind me watching what I was doing. No Deer, no squirrel, no birds..... Good Luck!

Bug Guy

Jan 1, 2010
    I've only hunted there once, but I have done ecological research in the park between Hipsley Mill Road and Howard Chapel Road. From May-Nov. I've seen a fair number of deer there, some squirrels, a couple fox, but never anything else - of course, I'm not looking too hard. Watch out for the fox hunters on horseback.

pax_river_sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom