• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Well not so much.

Ok so lets say you have worked in a gun shop for close to twenty years You also collect guns and shoot alot. Well you agree to take a friend and his wife to the range close to their house so the friends wife can shoot a few of your guns to get a feel of what she might like.
    Its a friendly and helpful thing to do right?

Well When the friend and wife explain to the cockclown that works there they have only ever shot a 22 rifle, the cockclown starts to tell them they are making a mistake they need to get into a real training course.

The best part is as I am standing there this dick cheese eater is explaing to my friend and his wife. This guy could never teach them how to handle a high stress home invasion and what ever "he" is going to show them could get them killed.

My friend's wife, Gale, then tells this crap cracker muncher she just wants to try a glock and a revolver to see what one fits her hand better. Well as you would guess this gun range Captain of cox licking tells her she should know that before she ever touches a gun, and to trust your live to a glock is a mistake.

When Roger, my friend, looks at me I just said Ok lets go to the farm this weekend. We all turned around and left.

Now I am use to the shitty service and crazy stuff you hear in some shops but that was about the worst treatment of a new customer I have ever seen first hand.

I honestly do not know if the seaman slurper behind the counter was Mr. hk or not nor do I care because I will never spend a dime of my money there.

Comon. Everyone knows Glocks suck. That is why I sold my Glock 22. I even bought a Glock 19, and as soon as my ND comes through, I will be reminded how bad they suck. Sheesh, get an HK already. :lol2:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Comon. Everyone knows Glocks suck. That is why I sold my Glock 22. I even bought a Glock 19, and as soon as my ND comes through, I will be reminded how bad they suck. Sheesh, get an HK already. :lol2:

Oh, damn, ...I've been trusting my life with a Glock all this time and I've been mistaken? Wow, wish I'd gone to S/F and gotten that advice years ago.

null

Troll in training
    May 10, 2011
    Pasadena
    Well now I finally understand why the staff was especially rude (more than the normal level of rude) during the multiple times I have worn an MD Shooters shirt at the range.

The last time I was there was with my brother, he rented a .357/.38 revolver and it was filthy. After 6-12 shots it starting coming apart in his hands. The cylinder locked up in the frame and he had to force it to open. The ejector rod loosened up causing the cylinder to lock. I have rented handguns at other ranges (OnTarget and Continental) and have never had an issue with firearm cleanliness or operation. I took a few shots and expected the cylinder to go out of time the whole thing explode in my hand.

The condition of the range is also not that great - the carpet on the floors and walls is disgusting, the lights are dim, and the ventilation is poor (forget going there on a hot day). I do prefer the way the shooting positions are set up - each lane has a proper shelf for gun cases/ammo boxes/etc., a good sized table with ample space, thick walls between each station, and a wall between your lower body and everything downrange. This really helps when you see the shady types that come in there wanting to rent a "fotty-five gat" or a "9 milly meter looger"

For people complaining about the 4 second rule, I don't remember ever being yelled out for waiting 1-2 seconds between shots. Everything about the staff barking orders to customers about cellphone and head shot rules is spot on.

I have had much pleasanter experiences at the other ranges I mentioned above and treat SF as more of a choice of desperation if I don't want to burn more gas. SF needs better staff, a cleanup, and rebranding ala Bar Rescue.

Bar-Rescue-620x348.png

It would be nice to see this guy get up in their faces and put the show on the other foot

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    epic....

so with that... even more the reason i will NEVER spend a dime there.

lol legal action... that's funny.

NarlocB

Jan 23, 2013
    what a comical read!!! i almost lost my soda on several spit takes reading this long thread!!! good end of the day for me.

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've shot there a few times, more out of convenience since it's so close to home....& it's never crowded. :D Can't say every experience was pleasant, guess it could have been worse like some have mentioned.

Went to Freestate last weekend for the first time, class act all the way. S/F could use some pointers from them.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    so since all of us here has in some way shape or form, talked shyt about them.. are they going.to sue us all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom