For those of you considering the Grade 2 P64s from AIM, the BBTH arrived today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    If you haven't noticed, AIM still has VG-E condition P64s available for $179 w/ two mags and a holster.

As I logged on to order the other day, I noticed they had added a "Grade 2" pistol. Still has two mags and a holster, but will have visible finish wear and other minor marks. These are available for $30 less at $149.

After thinking about it a little bit, I'm not really scared of finish wear. If it turned out to be really bad, it wouldn't be the first time I've had to tear a pistol down to the frame and I do have a blaster now...

AIM never fails to impress me. Everything I order from them always comes better than expected and I have never paid for a handpick. This time was no different.

I swear this gun they sent me has less finish wear than the sample pic they have posted on their site. I'm not going to do anything with it other than shoot it. Beyond the thinning blue on the slide, and a very thin line of blue wear along the edge of the grip where your fingers would rest, there isn't a mark on it. Mechanically it's excellent with a bright shiny bore.

After receiving it, I only had time for a quick field strip and inspection before I had to run out and fill out some paperwork at a local store that I'll be contacting again in about 8 days :innocent0

Tomoorow morning, I think I'll break out the Hoppes for a good cleaning and then head down to the AGC.

P64_1.jpg

P64_2.jpg

P64_3.jpg

P64_4.jpg

P64_5.jpg

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    P64's are great pistols!!! I actually like the holster wear it give the pistol more character. as long as the pistol functions well, no rust/pitting and the rifling is good I'll take holster wear anyday!

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Rob, my total ship cost was skewed because I also ordered a bunch of ammo with the money I saved by going with the "grade 2" :D

AIM ships UPS overnight on C&R guns though. Plan on about $30 for shipping. So $149+$30 will put one to your door under $200 if you don't buy a bunch of ammo like I did!

Edit - and yes, those pics are before cleaning, just a field strip and reassembly for inspection was all that was done at that point.

P64's are great pistols!!! I actually like the holster wear it give the pistol more character. as long as the pistol functions well, no rust/pitting and the rifling is good I'll take holster wear anyday!

^Exactly^ (character). I've got a couple that look way worse and didn't get a $30 discount.Looks like the only thing yours has is wear (no major dings,scratches,etc.) :thumbsup:

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Funny anything I ever got from AIM was covered in cosmoline.

Thats interesting. This is the third firearm I've received from AIM. None of them had hardly any cosmoline at all. In fact, when I finally broke this thing down to clean it, I didn't find any cosmo anywhere and the rails for the slide actually looked well lubed.

I think my worst C&R for cleaning thus far has been the Longbranch Enfield I received from Century. You could scrape the cosmo off of that thing with a putty knife..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom