• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    If the trigger and accuracy is anywhere near the same level as their bolt gun it will shame every bull pup and most AR's at any price range. They have figured out bull pup triggers on the SRS and hopefully it carries over to this.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Consider that the 5.56 is optimized for a 55gr bullet moving at 3000fps+ out of a 20" barrel with a 1:12-14in twist.

True. In 1970:-) Some modern loads are optimized for M4s. Time marches on and there are specialized loads for every application.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    True. In 1970:-) Some modern loads are optimized for M4s. Time marches on and there are specialized loads for every application.
    Yes, at about a dollar a round. Non-panic prices of M193 are 25 cents or less. Again, the bullpup advantage is a rifle bbl in a carbine package.

You may have heard that a lot of our troops were less than impressed with M855 out of a 14.5" bbl.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I used my Tavor 16" in a National Match Sporter competition held at my local range. I got all sorts of funny looks and came in 5th out of 11 shooters. Love it and will be upgrading to the Geissle trigger after the first of the year.

I have an Aimpoint PRO with the riser removed on it. Great optic with incredible battery life.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ok, that's cool and all, but $2k? What is that thing doing at $2k that a good AR is not for half the price? For the same money you could get a good AR and two different uppers.

Having a hard time with this and the new Keltec? What do they offer over the Tavor which is bullpup perfection. To bad this state makes us slap a nasty muzzle brake on it.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Outwardly looks Tavorish but I guess you can't go too crazy witht eh bullpup design.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, but....
    Why? What are these bullpups doing at near twice the price that the AR is not?
    well, you got some serious answers already, so i'll just ask if you have only a couple of guns that reach max value for cost, or if you also have guns that are interesting, fun, different, whatever.

i have ARs, i like ARs, it's a great platform. but i also have an AUG because i like shooting the AUG sometimes. and unfortunately, i don't think there's a good bullpup you can get for AR prices. so are you paying 2K just for something different? perhaps.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It hurts to see that thingy hanging off the muzzle though.

Maybe Pinecone will post up his to show what the real Tavor looks like out in the wild.

Sorry to negass you....but I do envy you for the battle wagon in your driveway.

When I get home, I will try to remember.

I got the flat top version, then Sportsman's Guide had a sale plus double club discount on the Meprolight. :)

Mine is FDE. And now has a Geissele in it. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You may have heard that a lot of our troops were less than impressed with M855 out of a 14.5" bbl.

That is a problem with the bullet. M855A1 solves that issue.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    That is a problem with the bullet. M855A1 solves that issue.
    Yup - a max loaded copper solid with a steel penetrator. Still about a dollar per round and heavy on the throat erosion. In the event you are not being issued M855A1 by your rich Uncle Sam, the Barnes TSX 55gr is a good bet and 'only' costs about $0.75 per round.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Found this for barrel and overall length restrictions:
    MDR-Barrel-Length.jpg

A pinned muzzle device on the 16" could work for MD, though it is nice that a 19" barrel will be offered stock. I like bullpups and think the MDR looks good, but I'm in no rush to buy one.
    I could get behind a 19" bbl. It would then come down to the trigger. The AR trigger can come a pretty as you please. I know there are a couple of trigger kits for the Tavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom