• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    So my Glock 19 has been my GTHG for about 10 years but lately I've had this strange problem in which as I shoot more handguns I have been having a hard time with the G19. Mainly point of impact being 2-3" high and to the left. This has been frustratingly consistent and no it's not the sights or ammo. I know that it is only a few inches off, but it's more of a mental thing and basically the Glock has never pointed naturally for me, more of a walk the dog thing that I guess I overcame or lived with for many years. I was starting to think it was a vision or spacial thing. But as I bought and shot other guns the problem went away. First a Beretta 96 and then a SA 1911 A1. Both dead on when I don't screw it up. Anyway I recently saw a smoking deal on a FNP 9 USG and figured it may be a good replacement for the Glock. Took it to the range yesterday and I am very impressed. At 15 yards it felt extremely accurate with nice tight groups. Felt perfect in my hand and came on target easily. Fit and finish are excellent. Only 250 or so rounds so far but no problems with fmj and jhp of various manufacturers. So far Federal AE, CCI blazer, Remington UMC, S&B, and some Spanish JHP and Hornaday JHP. On the negative side, the double action pull was extremely long and I don't know how someone could get off an accurate shot if they had to in DA mode. I'm sure I can get better with training but man the trigger is all the way back then bang. Also the safety/decocker seems like it would be pretty easy to activate while in a IWB holster or while drawing. It sticks out and is not recessed. None of those things is inherently bad except maybe the safety. For $450 OTD with three 16 round mags and a changeable back-strap I think it's a hell of a deal. Sorry only Iphone photos at the moment.
    996782105_VmwJu-M-1.jpg

996782367_qpaGq-M-1.jpg

redduck21502

Oct 19, 2007
    Cumberland, MD
    I have to agree on the FNP safety. I bought the FNP-357 earlier in the year and it had the manual safety on (My FNP-9 does not). I liked the idea of the safety so that I could leave the hammer cocked. However, I carry mine around the house and leave it on the stand next to me in each room. On more than one occasion, I would pick it up and the safety would be off. It seems that just putting it down will sometimes deactivate it.

Other than that, I love the FNP handguns. I did't paid over $500 for either of mine and I think my FNP-357 was less than $500 out the door. Great guns, I don't have a problem with the DA pull. I love the SA pull better of course.

It's almost a toss up as to whether I like the FNP-357 better than my Sig P229 .357. Similar trigger feel and both shoot great. The Sig is heavier of course. The FNP holds 2 more rounds.

For the price of the FN handguns, they are hard to beat.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I guess Dirtybird's wrist isn't limp enough for a Glock. I have noticed more and more people wondering why guns with different features give different results. Some people do well with the Luger/Ruger/Glock sloped grip angle while I avoid it like the plauge. If it works for you stick with it. If I pay extra attention and only use a few fingers and a vertical thumb I can force a Glock/Ruger/Luger down far enough to actually aim it and could do it if I really had to but why put yourself through that?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a similar problem with my g19 compared to my xdm and 1911 but consider it more of a sight radius limitation

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    could always just go for an m&p if you want the more standard grip angle with a more consistent trigger.

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    Which IWB Holster did you get I've been looking for opinions on a holster for my FNP

It's in the picture and at the moment I can't remember the brand. I do remember it was "Hecho en Mexico" :D It fits but problem is the trigger is only partially protected. Really not at all as only a 1/4 inch or so is covered. I'm new to CCW but I'd feel a lot better if the trigger was completely covered/protected. Let me know if you find a CCW suitable holster.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I love my fnp. Looks exactly like yours. Great pistol, i enjoy it as much as p226. My only question is how would it stand up to a torture test like a glock???

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I love my fnp. Looks exactly like yours. Great pistol, i enjoy it as much as p226. My only question is how would it stand up to a torture test like a glock???

Only one way to find out. Buy 10,000 rounds of 9mm ball and try it. At roughly $10 a box of 50 rounds.... What's $2,000 for a science experiment?

The other option, spend a day at one of the ranges and let anyone who brings a box of "name" ammo shoot it out of the gun.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Only one way to find out. Buy 10,000 rounds of 9mm ball and try it. At roughly $10 a box of 50 rounds.... What's $2,000 for a science experiment?

The other option, spend a day at one of the ranges and let anyone who brings a box of "name" ammo shoot it out of the gun.

I ment like shooting in water, kick it around in the dirt, torture lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom