• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Whenever I look at this gun I ask myself why I would buy it instead of a $450 XD?

The XD will take having the piss beat out of it, has a lifetime warranty, is cheap, shoots well, holds a pile of ammo and will eat anything you put in it so long as you don't have a limp wristed grip

I like the FN but am having a hard time coming up with sufficient justification

Comparing an XD to a FNP tactical is like a Volt owner (XD Owner) saying a AUDI Owner (FNP) overpaid.

Do XD's have double strike capibility?

Do XD's Suppress well?

Do XD's have CO-Witnessing RDO Options?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Comparing an XD to a FNP tactical is like a Volt owner (XD Owner) saying a AUDI Owner (FNP) overpaid.

I've never seen an XD burst into flames or an FNP spontaneously ram into the back of the next car.

Seriously though what would I gain in an FNP?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've never seen an XD burst into flames or an FNP spontaneously ram into the back of the next car.

Seriously though what would I gain in an FNP?

Your leaving out an important factor of the discusion, its not FNP, vs XD, its XD versus FNP TActical, as in threaded barrel, tall night sights, red dot mount, nice case, ect....

Well better reliability for one, not rusting would be #2, and the rest are listed above...............

XD is a rebranded Croatian pistol your paying 2X as much for because S.A. put their name on it. Same thing for 1911's people think .A. 1911's are all that and crap talk RIA 1911's, or Taurus 1911's. Yeah, well 2 of them are Brazilian and ones Phillipino.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Your leaving out an important factor of the discusion, its not FNP, vs XD, its XD versus FNP TActical, as in threaded barrel, tall night sights, red dot mount, nice case, ect....

Well better reliability for one, not rusting would be #2, and the rest are listed above...............

XD is a rebranded Croatian pistol your paying 2X as much for because S.A. put their name on it. Same thing for 1911's people think .A. 1911's are all that and crap talk RIA 1911's, or Taurus 1911's. Yeah, well 2 of them are Brazilian and ones Phillipino.

Never had a reliabilty or rust problem <so far>

Was not aware of silencer issues with the XD.....whats the core issue and how is it solved with the FN?

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    When did you get your? Are the mags new? People on FNForum are still reporting issues with WWB, even though FN says they fixed the issue. I have never bought WWB because of this.

It's not fixed...the round itself gets jammed in the mags. Shoot the good stuff, not the end of the world not being able to use WWB...:)

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    I have one, I basically impulse bought it. I own a Sig 220 Match already but once I picked it up it was over. I barely shoot the Sig, the FNP45 Tactical feels solid and is pretty big but I got used to it. I think the ergonomics are better on my Sig but I love the mag capacity and sights of the FNP. Never had any issues over a few thousand rounds, all Federal American Eagle. I never went for the RMR, felt like a little too much for a pistol.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Actually the only downside about the gun I can think of is that I'm always worrying about losing the threaded barrel cap. It works loose sometimes and I have to tighten it down every once and a while.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Actually the only downside about the gun I can think of is that I'm always worrying about losing the threaded barrel cap. It works loose sometimes and I have to tighten it down every once and a while.

Remove it while shooting and just use it for storage.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Thanks for all the input looks like I will be getting one, once the people's republic of Maryland lets my 30 days from getting a G19 expire.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    It's not fixed...the round itself gets jammed in the mags. Shoot the good stuff, not the end of the world not being able to use WWB...:)

Are you using 14 or 15 round mags? I use the 15s, and have never had one jam. My only complaint is with a full mag , the slide can be a bit hard to pull, but other than that, no issues at all with 2k round through it and counting

mrfreeze

Shooter
    Oct 17, 2010
    Crofton
    I love mine,
    gun3.jpg

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    I freaking love everything about this gat! The trijicon rmr is good for rifles and shotguns not pistols IMO. Wish I had a Burris fastfire instead, which the mount comes with the gun stock i might add! In the future I will be getting an osprey for this bad boy and call it a day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom