• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    would appreciate any input, pros & cons, lessons learned, etc.

any mandatory modifications or add-ons or accessories?

any input on accuracy and reliability?

considering for a range toy, maybe HD, probably not a viable 3gun choice.

probably would put a c-more or smaller red dot on it.

thanks, david

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Reliable gun and good accuracy. 50 round mag is sweet. Ammunition can be expensive....not many manufacturers (if any) make 5.7 ammo. Lot of hate towards the round notably being an overpowered .22 (ballistics I've seen prove that to be a myth).

Rifle gets a lot of love at fnforum.net.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    My brother in law has one and I am always excited when we meet up at the range and he has that with him. It is probably the funest gun to shoot. Can't say much about it from a technical stand point... But it is fun as hell.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Awesome gun, very reliable and accurate(1.5@100).
    Tips?
    Replace the white sights with a USB rail and your choice of red dot
    Height over bore is very tall. Learn the DOPE at various distances
    Use original fn mags
    Sbr is nice, but I like the standard long barrel for extra velocity
    Use armor all to lube the safety, trigger bar channel and fcg to lighten the trigger.
    It is suitable for HD

May 13, 2005
    Top notch bug out gun. Nothing bad to say about it. Accurate, 1.5-2" @100. Ballistics are better than internet lore. Ammo isn't all that expensive comparatively.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Very neat gun, I plan on getting one this year and SBRing it (funds permitting). Its a shame we can't get actual P90s. In semi-auto configuration, it loses the main reason for the 5.7 round (low recoil for accurate placement of multiple rounds on target rapidly). Still, as I said, it is just such a cool gun. Even considering its only useful as a range toy, who wouldn't want one. Even if you're not a Stargate fan. :D

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    The thing that turns me off from the ps90 is the fact that:
    A) you can't get the original ammo for it just "sporting" rounds
    B) the ammo is proprietary so you can only go to fn which means they can charge whatever amount they wish for it.

I don't know how patent laws work in Europe but if my recollection is correct and the p90 has been around since 1992 since it has been 20 years I would assume the patent for their ammo would be lifted so other companies would start making ammo for it.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Very neat gun, I plan on getting one this year and SBRing it (funds permitting). Its a shame we can't get actual P90s. In semi-auto configuration, it loses the main reason for the 5.7 round (low recoil for accurate placement of multiple rounds on target rapidly). Still, as I said, it is just such a cool gun. Even considering its only useful as a range toy, who wouldn't want one. Even if you're not a Stargate fan. :D

just put a slide fire stock on it... :lol2: I've fired one, I liked it, but still think it's a little goofy... I actually prefer my AR-57 for shooting ergonomics, but it's not as concealable as the real deal.... but it will work with my Lightning Link (with some bolt mods)

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    just put a slide fire stock on it... :lol2: I've fired one, I liked it, but still think it's a little goofy... I actually prefer my AR-57 for shooting ergonomics, but it's not as concealable as the real deal.... but it will work with my Lightning Link (with some bolt mods)

+111

421910_10151275192880618_706940617_22371609_642640412_n.jpg

After putting a PS90 in my hands, I realized that I'm way to big for a tiny little toy like that. After seeing that there was an AR version, I had to have one. :D:thumbsup:

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    I love the PS90. I have been able to conceal one in my frame(not that I would for anything other than a bugout scenario) Very accurate gun (sub 1.5 MOA @ 100) with a red dot on top. I read an awful post about non FN 5.7 ammo blowing up in someones hand I will try and link it later today. Could have been shooter error but I would only feed FN ammo into that gun. Only negative I see with that is proprietary, single source, ammo.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    There was another ammo company making the 5.7 rounds but the name escapes me right now.

Elite ammo. and from what I understand are no longer making their best 5.7 round (the one that could actually come close to meeting minium FBI specs).

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    Tactical Tuna!!!

i think thats the fs2000 your talking about;)

i have never shot it but have held it and it just feels and looks really cool. ive heard that the ballistics of the civilian ammo was like a glorified 22, but i dont know if thats true. the ammo seems pretty expensive though

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I've long had the PS90 on my list of wants. I wanted the now from CMMG with the "proper" SBR and "fixed" black site. I love the looks of the original and prefer it to the rail with aftermarket optics...even though choosing your own is most likely the better option.

However I noticed nearly all P90/PS90 items were gone from CMMG's site! Doe anyone know if they continue to sell these? To the OP...this was best place for all things PS90 IMHO. They had tons of options specific to the PS90.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    i think thats the fs2000 your talking about;)

i have never shot it but have held it and it just feels and looks really cool. ive heard that the ballistics of the civilian ammo was like a glorified 22, but i dont know if thats true. the ammo seems pretty expensive though

40gr Hornady V-MAX @ 2000FPS isn't anything to sneeze at. Ammo runs around 40-50 cents a round depending on the volume you buy at.

It's pretty similar to .22WMR fired from a rifle, but with the reliability of centerfire ammunition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom