• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I bought one for $819 back around 2011 or so. Never shot it and ended up flipping it. Strange looking but very comfortable to shoulder.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If the OAL is <29", it is a no go for a MD resident.

EDIT:
    If you are military on TDY or PCS, you should be able to buy one, as long as you do not claim MD as your state of residence.

Nope, still has be meet MD requirements to be sold in the state.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Somebody needs to create an extended butt pad. That would be a more appealing solution.

Great firearm!

Don

Damage Industries sell an extended butt pad that will get you to the required length. Had one on mine before selling it.

A seller at the Gettysburg show had one set ups. Clearly marked as MD legal. It looked really good, but I cannot tell you how 3 extra inches of buttpad would feel.

The one I saw had the 1" and 2" spacers on it.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product-category/7

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    A seller at the Gettysburg show had one set ups. Clearly marked as MD legal. It looked really good, but I cannot tell you how 3 extra inches of buttpad would feel.

The one I saw had the 1" and 2" spacers on it.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product-category/7

He sold it after I came back for it :sad20::sad20::sad20:

Gave me an interesting story about a prison contract that fell through, then some manufacturer picked them up, added the necessary extension and re branded them to like PS90A1 or something. He said that only a manufacturer can make this MD compliant. Too bad. Was hoping to have one.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Since the P90 was designed expecting the butt to be pulled back against body armor, not your shoulder, an extended butt pad should make it feel better shooting without armor.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Another option if you want to shoot 5.7x28mm with your AR15 is an AR57 upper. Here are a couple videos of my 12" AR57 upper on a registered receiver, with a full auto bolt. These upper come in 6", 12", and 16" barrels.

And suppressed with an AAC M4-2000

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    He sold it after I came back for it :sad20::sad20::sad20:

Gave me an interesting story about a prison contract that fell through, then some manufacturer picked them up, added the necessary extension and re branded them to like PS90A1 or something. He said that only a manufacturer can make this MD compliant. Too bad. Was hoping to have one.

Not true.

ziptiespec

I paid $1200 shipped for mine. Was not MD-compliant (less than 29" OAL) so add about $200 for the Damage Industries parts (http://damageindustriesllc.com/product-category/7):

- Butt Plate & Pad Assembly
    - P90 Chassis Extension
    - 1" P90 Chassis and Extension
    - 2" P90 Chassis

to bring the length up (and make the PS90 less evil/deadly). $50 for FFL to transfer it so I'm $1450 in it. I've seen the PS90 go for closer to $1100 for non-MIL/LEO online (https://www.slickguns.com/search/ap...y=0&hide_oos=0&show_oos=0&categories_filter=3) so $1420 seems kinda high to me. Especially if you have to make it over 29" in length by buying extra parts.

5.7 is about the same CPR as 5.56 brass. I've had better luck with the FN branded polymer-tipped stuff than the AE FMJ. The AE rounds have tended to have sporadic FTF issues that results in the projectile being pushed into the case a bit.

I like the PS90 a lot and actually don't mind the extra length that's added by the DI extensions. I have long monkey arms though. Here's my MD-compliant PS90 beside her bullpup sisters:

My dream is to one day SBR it. Until that day comes, I'll be SBRing the 10/22 PS90 clone :)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have long monkey arms though. Here's my MD-compliant PS90 beside her bullpup sisters:

What is the LOP? Looks like its another inch or so longer than the Tavor? I have one of those and monkey long arms too so butt spacers would likely work for me. But a co-worker is also looking at one and he's a 'height challenged' fellow. I could mock up a block taped to the back of my tavor to see if he'd be comfortable w/ a stretched out PS90. We've also had the idea that he could use the butt spacers to get it transferred, then pin a muzzle device on once he has it, and take at least one of the spacers out.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    We've also had the idea that he could use the butt spacers to get it transferred, then pin a muzzle device on once he has it, and take at least one of the spacers out.

I'm not sure you'll be able to do that. The PS90 sells with a strange muzzle device already on it that adds length. Not sure if it is threaded, pinned, and welded, or if it is machined as part of the barrel.

It is disappointing though. I had a few friends who had PS90's, and I actually find the stock setup very comfortable. Handling was superb.

SnuffyJD

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    The PS90 sells with a strange muzzle device already on it that adds length. Not sure if it is threaded, pinned, and welded, or if it is machined as part of the barrel.

That can be replaced with a Huntertown Arms PS90 Barrel Shroud. I'm not sure of the OAL and if the muzzle device would need to be permanently attached.

https://www.huntertownarms.com/ps90.php

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I can machine and pin a custom muzzle device, so got that covered if needed. The LOP problem is the part he's wondering about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom