• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Very nice! LOVE my Hi power. My favorite of the automatics.

Oh yea, and ditch the damn mag disconnect. Itll feel like you got a trigger job.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Greg Cole just listed about 40 FN's on GB for less than $500 ... some are even C&R

They are Parked and some have replacement barrels, but he is a straight up guy and will not sell junk.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Very nice! LOVE my Hi power. My favorite of the automatics.

Oh yea, and ditch the damn mag disconnect. Itll feel like you got a trigger job.

Yeah, that Mag disconnect has got to go. My HP felt considerably better after pulling that damn thing out of there. Wouldn't go so far as saying it felt like a trigger job was done afterwards - but it was much improved.

Got a newer production HP myself, the Hogue panels are on that and I find them more comfortable than the factory panels, but YMMV.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Mag disconnect is in the plastic bag you can just barely see at the bottom right of the picture I think. In any case it's been disconnected. This is a "lightly" used 10 year old gun.

Thanks again for the nice comments and advice... I'm now a couple days closer to getting my hands on it. Guess it doesn't help that I took a pretty good cell phone picture and set it as my wallpaper... now I look at it all the time but can't fondle it - I'm torturing myself.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    "early" release = 74 days
    pick up + load mags as seen + go to range + empty mags = BLESSED RELEASE

Attachments

• DSC_0075.jpg
      DSC_0075.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 143

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I live mine! I've had about 4500 rounds through it according to my books and its always been 100%. Have fun with it!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I just picked my first Hi Power up having submitted the paperwork on 3/19. I got it Tuesday (6/4) and took it shooting the same day. I had never shot one before and I was happy with it. This was one of the $350 specials Ohio Ordnance was running. So I knew it was going to have a lot of holster wear but kind of a shot in the dark. I ended up with an Alloy frame Belgium police gun. I was not real happy about the Alloy frame as I can do my own Parkerizing and planned on refinishing the gun. Of course that tosses a big wrench in my plans as you can't park AL. Here is a picture from the store. I cleaned it up a bit and removed the paint from the side of the front sight (boy I bet that helped). I used the cheap Perma-Black or whatever the over counter AL blackening is called and it looks a bit better. I am going to shoot it a little more before I decide what to do with it. Man, mags are expensive for this! I don't like after market mags usually. Maybe one is enough but if I run into another good 13rd mag, I would pick it up.

Attachments

• IMG_20130321_124347_855.jpg
      IMG_20130321_124347_855.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 133

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Greg Cole just listed about 40 FN's on GB for less than $500 ... some are even C&R

They are Parked and some have replacement barrels, but he is a straight up guy and will not sell junk.

I was just going to post this. The Cole's stuff for sale are largely Israeli ex-police/mil pistols. Some have been re-parked, some are painted with wear, but most are in very good condition with great barrels. They will have some sort of Israeli proof stamp on the frame (mine has the Star of David). A really good deal on a real Browning with some history behind it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Man, mags are expensive for this! I don't like after market mags usually. Maybe one is enough but if I run into another good 13rd mag, I would pick it up.

Mags marked "Browning" are expensive, you are paying for the name ... the ones Mecgar (who makes them for FN/Browning) makes under their own name are much more reasonable ... if you can find them at all these days.

If you take about 1/10" of plastic off the bottom of the follower, you can get another round in the std 13 round Mecgar/Browning mags. Sandpaper or razor, your choice.

I've seen at least one functional but butt ugly Kareen HP from Cole go for less than $200. He also seems to get a steady stream of FEG HP's ... some marked FEG, some Luger M80. In the world of HP's there is also a FEG counterfeit FN, but I do not know of Cole selling any of them ... would be a very interesting gun for a collector.

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I'm happy to report that I bought an FM HiPower from Lou last month and am eagerly awaiting an early release.

If OP or anyone else would like to sell their original panel grips, please PM me. The Pachmayer-type wraparound grips on the FM is a little thick for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom