• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    So in the past couple of weeks I have really started to eye a black FN FS2000. I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new one for ~$1500. What do you guys think of them? Convince me to go buy it or to forget the whole idea...

I would configure like the pic below but with an Aimpoint plus also shorten the barrel like bottom pic.

DSC04539.jpg

tt1g.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Paging our resident NFA/Bullpup Guru SCARCQB, paging SCARCQB...

If you go under 16" barrel length, be ready to get into NFA, and waiting...

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    New for $1500, sounds like a good deal. I think the barrel is 17.4" plus the muzzle device, cut and thread to 16" and your GTG. Where did you find it for $1500?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Paging our resident NFA/Bullpup Guru SCARCQB, paging SCARCQB...

If you go under 16" barrel length, be ready to get into NFA, and waiting...

I'm not going to say anything bad about another man's gun. To do so is just plain rude. This picture just about sums up my opinion on the FS2000.

No Dolphins were harmed in the production of this gun..." The tactical Tuna"

Attachments

• Bluefin-Tuna copy.jpg
      Bluefin-Tuna copy.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 14,054

Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    I'm not going to say anything bad about another man's gun. To do so is just plain rude. This picture just about sums up my opinion on the FS2000.

No Dolphins were harmed in the production of this gun..." The tactical Tuna"

I agree with that with the stock handguard and original site it looks a bit ridiculous. But with the trirail + afg2 + top rail with aimpoint and shortened to 16.1 I think it will look slick and perform well.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Mirror, mirror on the wall.... which bull-pup has the crappiest trigger of them all?

On the serious side.. The FS 2000 is one bulky and heavy bullpup. It is more stubby than compact. For the OPs purpose of cutting it down to suppress it, IMHO... no need for that tax stamp. Bullpups are also bad suppressor host because most rely on a gas piston system.. as with any piston gun.. gas port noise is an issue and it will never suppress as good as a DI AR rifle.

Cutting the barrel shorter may cause short stroking issues or ammo sensitivity problems in the unsuppressed mode. Too much suppressor efficiency causes the gas piston to wear out prematurely. It has the accuracy of an AKM ( 1.5-2") and the trigger pull of a mosin nagant REVOLVER. Mag changes are the most difficult and slowest out of the popular bullpups.. and mags do not drop free.. you really have to pull them out. In, Maryland.. good luck running a 20 round mag on it ( had to use a pair of pliers to pry em out, they recess deep within the stock), as for fixing jams ( yes, they will happen)..It feels like you dropped a quarter in a gumball machine, turned the knob and no gumball. WTF is up with that rear trap door?

On the other hand... It is the closest thing to a HALO battle rifle that Masterchief uses to whack Aliens....COD players will fear you. :)

Attachments

• mirror-on-the-wall1262291902.jpg
      mirror-on-the-wall1262291902.jpg
      30.8 KB · Views: 575

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The mighty SCAR has spoken, I'd take his word, don't you have one SCAR??

The Tacticool Tuna - that's fan-freaking-tastic!!! :lol2: :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You should've sold that to Al, he'd like a full-auto bullpup, not being able to stop it..., that's another reason to call him Crazy Al. :)

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Once you have some FTE you will sell it my friend bought one thought he was hot stuff then it started jamming every like 7 rounds laughed in his face and played with my AK all day.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dont have any experience, but that money could get you into a nice AR and a decent AK. Just always like to lay out the alternatives.

Heck I would be more inclined to pop for a Sig 551 if a little more exotic is your passion.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think they might have one for rent at Blue Ridge -- at least it looked like one sitting on their rental wall. So, you could get a chance to try one out before you commit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom