• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Is there any particular reason I need to have the sheriff or state police do the finger prints? Do they sign off on the card or something?

Per the FL CCW web site instructions, your prints MUST be done at a law enforcement agency and the name and address of the location of where the prints were done MUST be printed on the blank block on the back of the fingerprint card.

FL CCW Web site

PDF attached with fingerprint instructions

Attachments

• FL CCW App.pdf
      634.5 KB · Views: 87

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    When I got my CCW I remember they were backed up (maybe 1 - 2 years ago, I can't remember). Then I screwed up because I forgot to sign something, it was something so small but I only found that out after calling. She stated a notice was in the process of being mailed out to let me know I forgot to sign something or answer a question (something stupid). But because I called, I was able to fax over the missing whatever and got put back in the queue (a little quicker according to her). Either way, be patient, it will come through. But call if you're curious, they're helpful and will tell you if there is a hold up and why.

cad424

Apr 28, 2010
    Texas!
    Sent mine out about 30 days ago and got it today. My brother got his today and he sent his in about 35 days ago. We had DD 214s with ours and maybe that explains the quick turn around.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Ok from what im seeing in this thread ill need to get passport pics done and finger prints, is there a walk through for the paper work here on the site or somewhere else? I was in FL last week so i stopped by www.buymilsurp.com to check it out and buy few things and the owner gave me The Packet. Also if you order anything from him, he has packets he will send out free, you just have to add it to cart.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Mailed my renewal April 27th and received the permit yesterday (issued 5/12). 20 days total. :thumbsup:

Are the permits/renewals you are receiving NOT having your home address on them? My permit in 2005 had my name and address, but the one I got yesteray just had my name. The license number used to be down below but now it's the 1st piece of info, even above my name.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Mailed my renewal April 27th and received the permit yesterday (issued 5/12). 20 days total. :thumbsup:

Are the permits/renewals you are receiving NOT having your home address on them? My permit in 2005 had my name and address, but the one I got yesteray just had my name. The license number used to be down below but now it's the 1st piece of info, even above my name.

Great turnaround time......:thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Sometime early in the new year, FL stopped putting addresses on permits. Mine is dated January 15. 2010 and still has my address on it. I guess the thinking is when you show your permit, you have to show your DL as well, so it's your DL that is used to find residency.

I guess if you move you only have one permit to change. saves them, from having to do more paperwork. they put it all on the state DMV

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Ok from what im seeing in this thread ill need to get passport pics done and finger prints, is there a walk through for the paper work here on the site or somewhere else? I was in FL last week so i stopped by www.buymilsurp.com to check it out and buy few things and the owner gave me The Packet. Also if you order anything from him, he has packets he will send out free, you just have to add it to cart.

Anyone can go on FL Dept. of Agriculture website and they will mail the app's free to you.

It's not hard, follow the instructions, send 2 checks or MO's for the specified amount, mail fingerprint cards and passport photo as well as a document showing firearms training.

BTW, Finally got my card today

rob-ss

May 4, 2010
    Maryland
    Got my packet today and also registered for the Utah CCW course from Mid-Atlantic on May 29th. Wonder which one will arrive first:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom