• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    I was just in Wally World (Walmart) recently and strolled past the hunting section. Saw a little book sitting on the counter that said, Maryland SportFishing License Increase July 1st. I took interest and started to read it, cause i yet to have bought my license yet. So i saw that the maryland general assembly decided to raise the price of the fishing license. Pretty hefty to, i decdied to buy mine that day. Cost me 21.50, for non-tidal, baysport and crabbing. The guy at the desk said, your lucky son, buy july 1st, this would have cost you double. Just figured i'd past it on to the fellow fishers in here who still haven't got there license to get out there and grab them before they go up.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    New License Fees

Resident annual non-tidal waters - $20.50, Nonresident annual non-tidal waters - $30.50 or a fee equal to the fee charged a Maryland resident by the nonresident’s home state for a similar license Resident annual tidal waters- $15, Nonresident annual tidal waters- $15, Annual Consolidated Bay Sport Boat License, which is permanently affixed to a boat registered in any state - $50. The fees for the short term recreational fishing licenses and trout stamp remain the same. For additional information, visit the DNR website, http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    You know what else sucks? The Md Sportsfishermen Association SUPPORTED the increase on the premise that the increase in fees would result in more money for DNR programs. How long do you think it'll be before the majority of the increase finds it's way into the state's general fund?

I've been getting my fishing license for the past 20 years and I can tell you that this is a BAD idea. The price is too high, and many people who fish once or twice a year will simply not bother with a license, resulting in lost income. And then enforcement will have to be increased reulting in more overhead for DNR. So government gets bigger, less people get o enjoy the waters of MD and no improved DNR programs or bay restoration work will be seen.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    You know what else sucks? The Md Sportsfishermen Association SUPPORTED the increase on the premise that the increase in fees would result in more money for DNR programs. How long do you think it'll be before the majority of the increase finds it's way into the state's general fund?

I've been getting my fishing license for the past 20 years and I can tell you that this is a BAD idea. The price is too high, and many people who fish once or twice a year will simply not bother with a license, resulting in lost income. And then enforcement will have to be increased reulting in more overhead for DNR. So government gets bigger, less people get o enjoy the waters of MD and no improved DNR programs or bay restoration work will be seen.

No lie, I've been told the money is already in MOM's pocket. Plus he doesn't care because the money will go to give Illegal Immigrants tuition, healthcare, voting rights and fishing licenses. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom