• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Happened to me before on a boat while I was using 2 rods.. Musta been a biggun tho.
    Maybe you can go back with another rod and fish it out?

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Hopefully it was a Walmart special?!?!

That happened to me on Spesutia Island on APG once... Big ass catfish decided to try his luck when I wasn't looking. We had some good eats that night. :)

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I jumped in, but it's a five feet deep at the shore. Drop off is real good for fishing but not for trying to get your rod back. It was a carp, I stood up and he startled and took off.

Walmart quantum combo, that I got for fathers day two years ago. I guess their gonna have to get me a new one.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I jumped in, but it's a five feet deep at the shore. Drop off is real good for fishing but not for trying to get your rod back. It was a carp, I stood up and he startled and took off.

Walmart quantum combo, that I got for fathers day two years ago. I guess their gonna have to get me a new one.

Good thing Father's Day is coming up soon! If your family is anything like mine, though, you will get a fishing rod every Father's day from here on out.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County

Poor dumb bastard is gonna have to spend the rest of his life dragging your rod around the river by the lip. I'd love to see the looks on folks faces watching from the shore when your rod periodically surfaces and swims by itself against the current. It'll look like that scene from jaws when the barrels attached to the shark surface near the boat.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Poor dumb bastard is gonna have to spend the rest of his life dragging your rod around the river by the lip. I'd love to see the looks on folks faces watching from the shore when your rod periodically surfaces and swims by itself against the current. It'll look like that scene from jaws when the barrels attached to the shark surface near the boat.

IIRC, hooks are designed to rust off after a while so that does not happen. Anyway he might snag it and break it off too. I hate to think the poor fellow would be dragging all that tackle around for too long.. even a lowly carp. lol

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    IIRC, hooks are designed to rust off after a while so that does not happen. Anyway he might snag it and break it off too. I hate to think the poor fellow would be dragging all that tackle around for too long.. even a lowly carp. lol

I know but the picture in mind gave me a chuckle.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    me too.

it was a eagle claw lazer sharp 6 octopus. I bought packs over the winter from the walmart bargin bin for $1.00 per 11. I really like them for a buck.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've had terrible luck with those hooks.. lol I still have some in my tackle box in case I run out of my "good hooks".. lol
    BTW, I have purchased some of my best topwater lures for bass in the Wally World bargain bin. One is a gold colored lure thats nearly white on the bottom with 2 treble hooks in a no-name box. I've caught more bass on that then any other lure. My second best is a silver that is dark on the top with 3 treble hooks.. also a topwater. ..

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Hopefully it was a Walmart special?!?!

Fish gods only accept your most pricey tackle as sacrifice.

IEYAvZq.jpg

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I would give up fishing to have that...........at least for a day or two

No doubt! If she loses that one overboard, I would certainly be happy to take one for the team and offer her my rod. :D

I have never lost a rod into the water w/o successfully retrieving it. I have a stainless steel lure retriever attached to 50' of heavy cord that is perfect for reclaiming one's lost tackle, even when a shovelhead, buffalo, blue, striper or big Potomac freshwater eel attempt to pilfer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom