• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I know the guy, he shoots there all the time. Last time I went there he actually asked me not to throw brass at him and to move down one table.
    I consider getting hit by brass a part of shooting with others at an open outdoor range. At least he acts like a range officer and keeps it running smoothly for the most part IMO.

What does this guy shoot that does not throw brass?:lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    he shoots 22lr rifles too.. lol

i think thats all i have him see shoot. 22lrs. oh btw.. if you happen to sit next to him and have electronic ears.. turn them off!! never heard so much talking to himself that day..

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    he shoots 22lr rifles too.. lol

i think thats all i have him see shoot. 22lrs. oh btw.. if you happen to sit next to him and have electronic ears.. turn them off!! never heard so much talking to himself that day..

:lol: Yea i've only seen him with .22lrs as well.

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    I don't mind someone taking point on making the range go hot and cold in some sort of orderly manner. Otherwise it seems to take way too long 6 of 8 shooters will be sitting there ready to go cold and change out their targets and then there's always one or two that brought 1000 rounds of ammo and 1 target, and will shoot forever if someone doesn't make them stop for everyone else.

As for the targets if the range goes cold as I'm ready to pack up I'll trash my targets and bring the stand back to the line. But it Yogi's not there to blow the whistle and there's no sign that the range is going cold any time in the next half hour I'm not waiting around, (Plus what others have said about the next person having something to shoot at while they wait.)

Lastly, the brass (or steel) I have lots of bolt guns (being the C&R crack head that I am). Every case fired from my bolt guns goes home with me (steel, brass, or otherwise) But... If I have my AR, AK, or SKS out there, my brass ends up under, or 5 feet in front of the table to my right. Doesn't seem safe or polite to be crawling under their table while they are trying to shoot. I have noticed that the brass seems to disapear, but the steel get's left behind. They make a magnetic broom, a strong magnetic bar with a wheel on each end and handel like a push broom. Would make quick work of the steel. I'll have to see what they sell for. ;)

keepshooting

Aug 22, 2009
    Waldorf
    I personally don't care if the target is left in or out when I get in the lane. I always bring mine in, but if someone leaves it out there for me when I get there I can atleast pop off a few until the range goes cold so I don't have to bother everyone to let me get set up :-D

Most all of my ammo is steel cased so I try to pick up as much as possible if I fired off 50+ but picking up trash is a must.

And I met my first "elitist" a few trips ago...Very pompous azzhole. He decided everyone was going to go in 20 minute intervals and he would be timing and even had a freakin whistle. He also liked to walk to every bench and bug everyone at some point or another. He also took up two benches because he didn't want anyone next to him because he didn't want anyone slinging brass at him. It took quite a bit of self control to bite my tongue, I think common sense dictates that a shooting range isn't the best place to start an argument *sigh*

This guy is a total douchebag. I've lost count on the number of people who've come into our facility and this *******'s antics have come up in regard to MG. No one has said anything about a "real helpful guy with a whistle" its always been negatives about him.

I don't know what his name is, but he pulled the same shit about "brass flying all over him" one time when we were at the range testing some new mags. I told him he's at a gun range, not a women's shoe store. We weren't there long, but agree its not a good idea to escalate things when guns are involved. Few months later he tried to pull his "expert" crap with me, discussing something about a pistol we were using to test stuff with, and I made it readily apparent I not only didn't want to talk to him, but wasn't impressed by anything he was saying.

He's one reason why I tend to tell people that MG is not the best place for new shooters to go. You see one ******* like him, it will ruin you on shooting.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    If this guy is so worried about brass then why doesnt he take the first bench by the trash cans? he can shoot all he wants and everyother shooter will be to his right and with 99% of rifles ejecting to the right he wouldnt have anything to worry about when talking about flying brass.

maybe I (or someone else) should start bringing a whistle along and taking contorl of the range, maybe he would get the hint that this isn't his personal range and others can do the same thing he is doing.

It is nice when someone takes a little charge of the range, some people will not stand up and say when they want to go cold. I personaly have no issues with letting everyone know I need to go cold and I have found not a single person has gotten mad when I request a cold range.

I dont think I have seen this guy yet, when does he go to the range?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If this guy is so worried about brass then why doesnt he take the first bench by the trash cans? he can shoot all he wants and everyother shooter will be to his right and with 99% of rifles ejecting to the right he wouldnt have anything to worry about when talking about flying brass.

maybe I (or someone else) should start bringing a whistle along and taking contorl of the range, maybe he would get the hint that this isn't his personal range and others can do the same thing he is doing.

It is nice when someone takes a little charge of the range, some people will not stand up and say when they want to go cold. I personaly have no issues with letting everyone know I need to go cold and I have found not a single person has gotten mad when I request a cold range.

I dont think I have seen this guy yet, when does he go to the range?

he usually does unless somebody got him beat to the spot.

speaking of whistle.. LT Dan.. owes me one.. he said he will give me an official whistle.. :lol2:

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    This guy is a total douchebag. I've lost count on the number of people who've come into our facility and this *******'s antics have come up in regard to MG. No one has said anything about a "real helpful guy with a whistle" its always been negatives about him.

I don't know what his name is, but he pulled the same shit about "brass flying all over him" one time when we were at the range testing some new mags. I told him he's at a gun range, not a women's shoe store. We weren't there long, but agree its not a good idea to escalate things when guns are involved. Few months later he tried to pull his "expert" crap with me, discussing something about a pistol we were using to test stuff with, and I made it readily apparent I not only didn't want to talk to him, but wasn't impressed by anything he was saying.

He's one reason why I tend to tell people that MG is not the best place for new shooters to go. You see one ******* like him, it will ruin you on shooting.

Yea my friends and I weren't the only ones going "who does this guy think he is?"....

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    if he is only there on sundays that could be why I havent run into him, I normaly only go there during the week first thing in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom