• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Been looking for a Cliff Notes type of book that explains all this stuff in layman's terms with no luck. Html, text, pdf,jpeg and so on. Not everyone in this world is computer literate. Borrowing the kid thing etc, is like listening to Chinese. Some people are fascinated by computers and dive into them. Others like me would rather have a root canal.
    While the ATF thing is voluntary what pisses me off is that there are millions of old people w/o computers being told they have to do everything by computer now. Seems pretty discriminatory to do this to people who can barley operate a cell phone. Of course if they were illegal there would be all kinds of free help in any F'g language they need.

Don't know if you need it anymore. Should help if you're still interested though.

Joshluseal

Sep 5, 2013
    Behind cover
    You need to contact NFA branch and let them know your approved form has the DRAFT watermark and they'll correct it. You can use the 'Ask the Experts' function.

Does it matter whether the watermark is on there or not? It shows that it is signed and and has the stamp on it. Not trying to being sarcastic. Just wondering.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    If an LEO questions your stamp (which is rare), he/she might know little about NFA and “draft” probably wouldn't inspire confidence in the document.

Your serial number’s approval could be verified after some time (and maybe some complication) but I wouldn't invite that headache.

Joshluseal

Sep 5, 2013
    Behind cover
    If an LEO questions your stamp (which is rare), he/she might know little about NFA and “draft” probably wouldn't inspire confidence in the document.

Your serial number’s approval could be verified after some time (and maybe some complication) but I wouldn't invite that headache.

My Form 1 was approved on 10/29/14 and after several emails back and forth I'm still trying to get them to remove the watermark. :banghead:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Does it matter whether the watermark is on there or not? It shows that it is signed and and has the stamp on it. Not trying to being sarcastic. Just wondering.

It won't matter in a court most likely, but it could make all the difference when there's a MSP trooper who wants to confiscate your gun and throw you in jail for the night.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Disapproved!
    Reason; MD STATE LAW, ASSAULT WEAPON-PROHIBITED,REFUND IN PROSSES...TEC
    Wonder what I did wrong? I will call today.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It was an engage lower and I gave the The only number on the piece. I think it was a five digit no. I had a lot of trouble submitting and somehow ended up with two drafts but was quite sure the final draft was correct....evidently I was wrong. I was given a number to call and will try to do that today if I get off work in time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No luck getting through today. Called once and got transferred to someone but, before the transfer went through, I got cut off. The time was 4:30 pm. Tried several more times only to get a recording. Quitting time? I left a message....:shrug:
    Maybe i'll try paper submission next but, i'd still like to know what went wrong.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Perhaps they are thinking it must be over 29". Since you put 29" they denied it. Pretty sure the law says less than 29" but the atf may not interpret it that way. Who knows.
    Update the thread to let us know the outcome.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Perhaps they are thinking it must be over 29". Since you put 29" they denied it. Pretty sure the law says less than 29" but the atf may not interpret it that way. Who knows.
    Update the thread to let us know the outcome.

That's probably it. Hopefully that's all it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom