• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kac

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    My wife, two kids, and I took the NRA First Steps course with Bryan (Parbreak). Although my kids have gone out to the range many times and shot, I thought that reinforcement from someone else would cement good habits into them.

I had heard good things about Bryan on the board but had never met him, so I have to admit to a little apprehension beforehand. That was completely misplaced. He is clear, articulate, and extremely well-versed in shooting issues and training.

His knowledgeable approach was well-conveyed to both adults and children (mine are 15 and 10). We began with extensive safety and gun clearing procedures, went through parts of both revolvers and semis, and then got out on the range. He addressed stance, grip, sight alignment, sight picture, and follow through.

Out on the range, he stressed safety, but moved from there into getting good hits on target. He had everybody shooting at 7 yards, which was far enough to make them work for quality hits, but close enough to give them pride of accomplishment.

I was very impressed with Bryan, and will gladly look forward to training with him again. I would recommend him strongly for training at any level. I've been shooting for a while, and he noticed a very small movement of mine re staging the trigger, which he called to my attention, and allowed me to attempt to improve my technique. I would think that one on one work with him would be a superior experience.

Highly recommended.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    He's the man! I keep checking to see what classes he has coming up. Things are a bit tough right now, but I'll definately be taking more of his classes in the future.:thumbsup:

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Thank you guys, you are very kind. KAC, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family today. The kind of training we did today is my very favorite, working with families and kids and seeing seem take something away from the class that they can build upon.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom