• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I had 2 of those multiplying rifles and just picked up a 3rd today.
    I now have a 10/22TD and am happy as a clam.
    The carrying case has 3rd pockets on the inside to fit my scope with quick detach rings as well as the stock, and barrel.
    I went through my closet and found 6 new 10/22 magazines that fit just fine in an outer pocket with much room to spare.
    I figure I throw in a brick of .22 ammo and I have a great truck gun.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    100% normal.

excellent move to go with the tech sights. you want regret it. also, don't be surprised if you purchased a second 10/22.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have two 10/22s. One is an older wood stock. The only mods are a scope and a sling. This is my old squirrel rifle. The other one is a Takedown, bone stock. I love them both. I might get a third to modify.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    100% normal.

excellent move to go with the tech sights. you want regret it. also, don't be surprised if you purchased a second 10/22.

Funny you should say this. I am already thinking about purchasing a second. Thinking I want one with steel sights and one with a scope.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I just traded my six or seven year old Mossberg 702 in on a 10/22. Wow. Much better rifle. Best part about it ... I bought the Mossberg on sale for like $70 or $80 years ago at Dicks. It was the first rifle I had after selling the old collection years ago (to feed the kids). The trade in was valued at $90! Now to get to Steels next time my route takes me thru there and get some Ruger 25 round mags :D

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ruger 10/22 ... The swiss army knife of plinkers, or ...

Transformers ... More than meets the eye

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    Funny you should say this. I am already thinking about purchasing a second. Thinking I want one with steel sights and one with a scope.

i recommend you see a md ASAP because you have the 10/22 bug. :D
    the disease is manageable, if you limit yourself and stay away from the rimfire central forum. :innocent0

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    i recommend you see a md ASAP because you have the 10/22 bug. :D
    the disease is manageable, if you limit yourself and stay away from the rimfire central forum. :innocent0

You may be correct. The first box from Midway USA just showed up on Friday and that was not the cure! :-)

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Definitely ABnormal

In fact, I suspect that you need counseling and HEAVY medication.*

The NORMAL reaction is to start buying all the add-on bling at least four months BEFORE you actually purchase the rifle.;)

* And, by medication, I mean about 2 ounces of Maker's Mark on the rocks. Hmmm... come to think of it, I'm a bit behind on my meds right now.:)

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I suspect many of the posters are correct and there is some sort of 10/22 disease.

I happened to be in a box store in White Marsh tonite. The Ruger was on sale for $20 off and I happened to have a $20 off a $100 purchase coupon in my pocket. Then in my other pocket I found a $20 gift certificate for the store. Lo and behold, a sign from above! Next thing I know, I am walking out of the store with a long, white box. 2 rifle purchases in 8 days. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    The NORMAL reaction is to start buying all the add-on bling at least four months BEFORE you actually purchase the rifle.;)

My wife tells me I am spending too much on online purchases when the UPS man knows what I am building and expects a progress report.

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    I bought a 10/22 with the idea to get the "chicago" style tommy gun kit for it...then I saw that Red Jacket PS90 like bullpup kit due out in fall. Never mind my current 10/22 has the M1 carbine stock with military style sights for it. So many choices out there so little money. I will say though the other day I was in Dick's and happened to be near the gun display area and watched a guy purchase two 10/22's. He told me he was going to build the gatling gun.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    edleary1227,

That is a wicked looking setup. Do you have one? :)

I'm working on it. I've been saving my Cabelas points for the kit and will take advantage of any Ruger 10/22 sales that may pop up. Right now it's on my 'wish list'.

Is this cool, or what ?

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    I suspect many of the posters are correct and there is some sort of 10/22 disease.

I happened to be in a box store in White Marsh tonite. The Ruger was on sale for $20 off and I happened to have a $20 off a $100 purchase coupon in my pocket. Then in my other pocket I found a $20 gift certificate for the store. Lo and behold, a sign from above! Next thing I know, I am walking out of the store with a long, white box. 2 rifle purchases in 8 days. :thumbsup:

that is a sweet deal. :thumbsup:

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Your sling is backwards. The folded metal clip gues on the rear. If you haven't already get the modified bolt release. It will make life so much easier. My 10/22 with the same set up is probably my favorite shooter. Definitely sees the most use. Buy several mags. For hi-cap I recommend tactical Innovations although I still use 10 rounders most often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom