• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Received my first SBR and suppressor. Got a Colt 6945 with a Surefire can (thanks to Andy and Engage). Wow is that fun to shoot! I cannot imagine wanting to shoot without a can...lessens sound and recoil and is fun !

Now, what next to buy????:)

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Received my first SBR and suppressor. Got a Colt 6945 with a Surefire can (thanks to Andy and Engage). Wow is that fun to shoot! I cannot imagine wanting to shoot without a can...lessens sound and recoil and is fun !

Lucky, lucky dog. I'm sooooo jealous! Mine is still in jail( the Engage hoosgow). Hope he gets out soon. :brows:

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    Congrats. My first suppressor, the osprey 45 was released back in June. Since then I put in for a saker 762 and a sparrow 22 to cover everything. Now the crappy waiting part.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I have two form 1 SBRs in process, one 300 BLK and one 5.56. Also have a form 4 for a AAC 762-SDN-6 submitted. As soon as I find a used remington 870 magnum receiver with mag tube attached, I'll be sending another Form 1 for an SBS.

Congrats on your first! Pics??

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    TyFromMD what upper are you going with for your 300 BLK?

My plans are:

10.5" Noveske 300blk barrel (But may go with the White Oak Armament 10")
    Spikes Tactical Upper Receiver
    Spikes Tactical Phosphate BCG
    Advanced Armament 51t flash hider

Still not sure about the handguard, Maybe 9" Noveske NSR or BCM KMR. Maybe the Geissele. Maybe something considerably less expensive.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland

PICS?

chslax10

Feb 27, 2013
    Nice. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for my 300 build. The form 1 is in process. I figure I have a month to decide.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My plans are:

10.5" Noveske 300blk barrel (But may go with the White Oak Armament 10")

I don't see a listing for a WOA barrel in .300 Blackout at all, much less a 10.5" one.

But I AM interested in one.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh

My suggestion...

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Congrats!

Yeah, gotta be careful. NFA is addictive. Surprised betty Ford hospital does not have a wing dedicated to NFA addition. I got hooked a couple of years ago and not I have all kinds of stuff and more on the way. My kid is going to community college now instead of Harvard or Yale :D

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My suggestion...

I second that!

SBRs with Suppressors are fun. Certainly a bit different.

However you could spend about double the money and get into the MG world.

I know its a big step, but you are much further down that road than you think!

A lot of people buy tons of SBRs and then eventually buy a MG. Then the SBRs stay in the safe or get sold. Come on out to the AGC and qualify and shoot some MGs. They are not for everyone. However if you are going down that road, you will know then. If so, then thats clearly the next way to go!

P.S. I do not suggest 45ACP suppressors. I don't think they suppress enough for me. I would go 9mm. Frankly I plan to eventually own about 5 or more suppressors and 45ACP is not on the list. Before you buy, go find someone with one and compare to 9mm.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    P.S. I do not suggest 45ACP suppressors. I don't think they suppress enough for me. I would go 9mm. Frankly I plan to eventually own about 5 or more suppressors and 45ACP is not on the list. Before you buy, go find someone with one and compare to 9mm.

You're just about the only person I've ever heard that from. Compared 9mm to 45 in person, big thanks to Vince. Different type of noise, both subsonic. What's better about the .45 can? The .45 can be used on a 9mm host without issue and suppresses within single digit dB - this won't make a difference to your ear. What else is better about .45? It's all subsonic, whereas subsonic 9mm costs about 30% more per cartridge on average.

I use a 45 caliber can on my 9mm host (and my future 45 caliber host).

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I do not suggest 45ACP suppressors. I don't think they suppress enough for me. I would go 9mm. Frankly I plan to eventually own about 5 or more suppressors and 45ACP is not on the list. Before you buy, go find someone with one and compare to 9mm.

What's your list? If I didn't have any, and was planning on only buying 5 cans, they would be:

.22LR
    9mm

Bought in that order. 7.62 and .45 can be used on 5.56 and 9mm until the list is filled.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    Shot an M11 this past weekend (Not mine) I couldn't own one. I'd waste entirely too much ammo feeding it. It was awesome though. Had a couple different uppers for it, one of them had a can on it. The bolt clacking was the loudest part of the gun. Loved every second of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom