• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g19fanatic

Aug 2, 2010
    Lex Park, MD
    Yesterday I went to Myrtle grove to test out and sight in my new 357 mag. It was a good time and my new baby shoots like a dream. The range is quite nice actually (was expecting something else entirely for it being a public range) except for the startling shower of AR shells coming from a pair of shooters at table 1 when I was at table 6. Quite amusing except when I was aiming and one hit me in the cheek :P Otherwise a great time.

I've read the laws on handgun transportation (as well as a few threads here) but have a quick question. My understanding of the law is that I cannot keep my firearm loaded in its case when traveling. Now will a magazine with rounds in it (or in my case specifically, a 'loaded' speed loader) that is in the same case bring some hot water? The firearm isn't loaded, but I've heard conflicting reports that the MSP will make a big deal about it and possibly land me in some trouble... For this trip, I had the ammo completely separate to be sure, but am wondering what everyone else thinks...

The attached picture is an example of how I would be carrying the rounds in the case. The firearm is unloaded...

Attachments

• 2a2ao1.jpg
      2a2ao1.jpg
      38.9 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads