• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I should have said to set up your e-store account after you get your DBU with your order number. I fixed it in my OP in case someone else reads it. Sorry I caused you a problem.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think some people never do get a DBU.

I think I've gotten the shipping notice a couple days after I got the rifle.

They are a quirky bunch down there in Anniston.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Mailed my cmp garand order 1/22/15
    Acknowledged. 2/5/15
    Saw the FedEx tracking email from cmp last night 2/23/15
    It's coming today! Ser# 55888xx
    One month is not shabby. On pins and needles waiting for the truck to show up.
    Can of Greek ordered at same time is in delivery somewhere in the system.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Damn, they are really moving as of late. Hopefully mine moves that quickly.

DBU came on the 24th so by your timeline it'd ship early next week. Crossing my fingers.

yeah... service grades, specials, snipers all seem to be moving quick. My last field grade I sent in in early/mid January is sitting. Looking at the CMP forum I'm not the only one. Guess what they are pulling out of the crates these days are all too nice to be graded a field grade.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    yeah... service grades, specials, snipers all seem to be moving quick. My last field grade I sent in in early/mid January is sitting. Looking at the CMP forum I'm not the only one. Guess what they are pulling out of the crates these days are all too nice to be graded a field grade.

Could be, or maybe more people order field grades because they are $100 less?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Good point... though it seems like more people talk about Service Grades on the forums then field grades so I assumed Service Grades were more popular... not that that proves anything.

I agree with that.

Maybe the only people on the boards are fanatics like us who try to buy the best we can afford :lol2:

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I agree with that.

Maybe the only people on the boards are fanatics like us who try to buy the best we can afford :lol2:

Maybe so. I've gotten quite a few... though after my third service grade with new wood, I started ordering some field grades. Always gotten GI wood with field grades... lucked out with one awhile back that was almost all correct (even the lock bar sights) and stock... only the bolt had been replaced. So I mix it up... even though I could afford to buy a guaranteed nicer one.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Maybe so. I've gotten quite a few... though after my third service grade with new wood, I started ordering some field grades. Always gotten GI wood with field grades... lucked out with one awhile back that was almost all correct (even the lock bar sights) and stock... only the bolt had been replaced. So I mix it up... even though I could afford to buy a guaranteed nicer one.

I put a sticky note in my order asking for GI wood. I'm sure they ignored it but it made me feel like my chances were better.

Suppose I could always find a correct stock to match the receiver, I'm sure they are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom