• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czechboy

Apr 27, 2011
    I finaly got it in! I'm happy with it, although it does have more holster wear than I would of liked. I apologize for her being messy, I took the pics before I got a chance to clean her. Here you go:

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06787.jpg

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Great first C & R handgun purchase. My first was also the Walther P1. Beautiful gun with lots of history and fun to shoot. You'll have no regrets. :D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Congrats! Clean her up and get her to the range. We do expect a full range report. :innocent0

So.....what's next on the list? :D

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    YES! The really good thing is you can go to Walmart and buy standard ammo unlike most other C&R firearms. I also like the mechanism on those guns. There really is something to German engineering.

:thumbsup:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    OK ... now that you've got the FIRST purchase behind you, let's look forward to the next one. I don't know where you are located, but if you are anywhere near the SOMD area, and willing to cross the bridge into the free air of Virginia, I'll be glad to let you try out a CZ82. I think you'll be surprised at how well it fits your hands, even if they are large. You'll also like the way that it shoots better than the P-1 (but that's a great first purchase).

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey Guys'

I was just going thru Sarco's ads. They have C&R Argentine Colt made 1911s; Argentine made 1911s; and, Argentine Blaster Molinas for very low prices. It looks like no lunch money for me for awhile.

The Colts are 1933 commercial guns; The Argentines are ststemos 1927; and the Blasters are of course a big question mark.

They seem like super deals. Has anyone had experience buying from Sarco?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Hey Guys'

I was just going thru Sarco's ads. They have C&R Argentine Colt made 1911s; Argentine made 1911s; and, Argentine Blaster Molinas for very low prices. It looks like no lunch money for me for awhile.

The Colts are 1933 commercial guns; The Argentines are ststemos 1927; and the Blasters are of course a big question mark.

They seem like super deals. Has anyone had experience buying from Sarco?

I looked really long and hard at those, especially the Sistemas. The Colts that are former National Police and Buenos Aires police firearms looked pretty badly dogged. The Sistemas (authentic Colts, but made in Argentina) all looked pretty good at first glance, but a closer look made them appear to have been re-arsenaled in a pretty heavy-handed manner. No crisp lines or markings left. All of the barrels seemed to be pretty well shot out, too.

Still, they are great historic pieces. If they could talk, you'd probably hear tales of the roles they played in making young protesters "disappear". I'll probably regret not picking one up at those prices some day, but for about the same money, I can have three Tokarev variants in much better condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom