• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Hey yall. So I’m looking into purchasing my first long gun. I was going to have my dealer build one but pricing alone is going to be a little more than I bargain for with just the upper. I saw this at another store locally but on their site. I was going to purchase and do a few upgrades myself (trigger, bolt, and so on). I came across this db15 and was curious to know if other than the 30rd mag which they can keep if this is Md legal seeing my store sells it on their site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    In MD, it MUST be marketed or marked HBAR. I don’t see that mentioned….

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hey yall. So I’m looking into purchasing my first long gun. I was going to have my dealer build one but pricing alone is going to be a little more than I bargain for with just the upper. I saw this at another store locally but on their site. I was going to purchase and do a few upgrades myself (trigger, bolt, and so on). I came across this db15 and was curious to know if other than the 30rd mag which they can keep if this is Md legal seeing my store sells it on their site?

I would call or go in there and ask if the AR rifles they sell have heavy barrels. If they say no, then thank them and leave. They are breaking Md law, but it's not your problem. Don't make it your problem.

Last edited:

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    If you don’t mind a bit of a drive, Maryland Elite is having a nice sale right now

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here is an example (I don't have anything made by Radical so I can't speak for that). This is from Atlantic (mentioned above). Atlantic will remove standard cap mags if needed IAW Maryland state law.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I would call or go in there and ask if the AR rifles they sell have heavy barrels. If they say no, then thank them and leave. They are breaking Md law, but it's not your problem. Don't make it your problem.

So wait are gun shops in the state only allowed to sell MD legal arms?

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You might want to try United Gun Shop in Rockville or Engage in Gaithersburg if you are in MoCo. I have dealt with both and I can assure you they will follow all the laws.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    You might want to try United Gun Shop in Rockville or Engage in Gaithersburg if you are in MoCo. I have dealt with both and I can assure you they will follow all the laws.

I’m in PG (College Park Area) there are a few shops close by but selection isn’t really great.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So from the Maryland Elite page posted above, I like this choice if you can swing it. Totally legal.

So I wanted to stay under 1000, but have something like what I posted in the pic. I planned to change the trigger, bolt, and a few other parts out after I purchased. Basically things I wanted on the one I was going to build without just the complete upper running me 1600 alone.
    7a590ef15b12e17c1ef132dac60bd17c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom